𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐕

At some point throughout the night, Emma was abruptly awakened. She overheard noises outside while she was getting her bearings. She was the law enforcement, despite the fact that she had seen numerous scary films and watched enough television to comprehend that it is rarely an effective strategy to go directly to the source of such sounds. It was her legal obligation to look into it.

She retrieved her revolver from the bedside table before hesitantly abandoning the integrity of her own bedroom. She spotted relatively little while aiming into the shadows. She was subconsciously hoping that it was merely a racoon that had managed to find its way into her home's living area. Considering the fact that she didn't see anyone in particular, she became increasingly certain about it. She was struck at that exact moment, sending her flying across the area. She failed to let go of the gun, and her finger was on the trigger when her weapon unintentionally went off. In the tranquility of the midnight, the sound of ammunition was audible and distinct.

The mythical beast growled and Emma anticipated that the bullet found its intended recipient. She gathered herself from the ground's surface and gazed around. She turned on the light after realizing she was close to the switch. Once her vision tailored to the abrupt illumination, she noticed the creature gazing at her from the opposite edge of the room. Undoubtedly she would be confronting yet another vampire. However, a female one this time. She repeatedly pulled the trigger, but she realized it was of no significance since those bullets were unable to injure it.

She searched the area for anything sharp and wooden. Tragically, she failed to notice such a thing. She preserved a few sticks in her chamber although was cognizant that she wouldn't be able to find her way there. Certainly not with that in the vicinity. She braced herself for the wrestle, the vampire closing the distance between them. The malevolent imp apparently desired to engage in play. She was either too juvenile and exuberant or too elderly and blasé. She wouldn't move at human speed if she intended to oust her.

Emma yelled, "Get out of here."

"Hardly. However, I must add that you wrecked all of the fun. Utilizing your weapon. After all, I suppose we're meant to terminate this rapidly," the vampire smirked.

"Bullets cannot harm you," the blonde retorted. Perhaps if she attempted to converse and buy her a bit of time, she would be able to figure out what to do.

"No." Her smirk faltered as she stated, "But everyone apprehended the gunshot." She proceeded swiftly and was forced up against Emma, who had her grasp on the gun loosened. "So there's little time to play," the vampire licked her upper lip and extended her fangs.

Although Emma attempted to defend herself, she stood no chance. not bare-handed. She felt slight terror as memories of her first assault flooded her mind. When the vampire dug her nails into her tender flesh today, she was reminded of the agony and the misery. Upon giving up every hope and closing her eyes, she abruptly heard a screech that compelled her to reopen them just in time to witness the vampire shatter. When she noticed Regina standing directly behind where the beast was previously located, she comprehended what had occurred.

Emma basically fell into Regina's embrace. The brunette soothed her by wrapping her in her grasp securely and in a protective manner. Emma groaned after a while and whispered, "I wish they'd die in a subtler way..."

Regina chuckled in response.

"How did you... how did you know that I was in danger?" Emma enquired.

"I had a feeling in my gut." The mayor retorted into Emma's neck crook, "And I overheard the gunshot." Once she realized Emma must have had quite a lot of faith in her for permitting her to maintain such a position, she comprehended.