one

"get up." i hear being yelled from my door. i groan and roll onto my side, "shut up.." i mumble, my voice being muffled against the sheets. i hear a sigh and my door slam shut. i sit up and rub my eyes. today was the day i run away to new york city. i've been planning this for years, but always pussied out.

i've always wanted to go to new york though, especially the city. its so beautiful there. my mom would leave for work in about an hour, as my dad has already left. i sit slouched on my bed until i finally get the motivation to get up.

i throw my legs over the side of my bed and walk over to my already opened closet to get my bag. in my bag, i have a shit ton of band tshirts, some baggy cargo pants and jeans, a couple lounge crop tops, and 2 dresses. sexy dresses, i should specify.

i pull my bag out of my closet and set it by my nightstand. i stand infront of my closet, debating what i should wear. i pick out a pair of black baggy cargo pants with a black slipknot tshirt and a white longsleeve under it.

i walk over to my vanity, brushing my nappy hair, cringing while doing so. as i set my brush down, my door slams open. "hey, i'm going into work early for-.." my mom says, pausing at her thought. she puts her hands on her hips and eyes me down as i look at her through the mirror, "where do you think your going?" she asks.

"oh.. uh.. im just going to a friends house." i stutter, turning around to face her. "mhm.. alright, be back by 6, bye." she says, shutting the door. i sigh and turn back to face my mirror. i slide some of my silver rings onto my fingers, along with my braclets and silver cross chain.

20 mins later

i load my electric guitar into my trunk, along with my amplifier, bag and my skateboard. i packed all of toiletries before leaving. i get into my car, slamming the door shut before turning the engine on and connecting my phone to the aux cord. i shuffle my playlist and the song physcosocial by slipknot comes on as i pull out of my driveway.

i pull up safari and google the directions. "holy shit, 7 hours?" i yell. i sigh and set my phone on the dashboard to look at the directions. this is gonna be a long drive.