three

"okay so, you fucking ran away from virgina, which is 7 hours away, to here and no one knows where you are?" he asks, taking a bite of his fry. i stare at the floor that i'm sitting on until looking up to him, sitting on the couch.

"mhm." i hum, "why?" he asks. "i don't know, just family shit, i guess." i reply, shrugging and taking a sip of my mountain dew. "yeah, i know what it's like." he starts, i look up to him with a furrowed brow. "my family would argue a lot about me being in my own band, which involved moving here." i nod my head.

"anyways.. you should probably head to bed." he says while looking out of the window to view the big city. "okay.. goodnight kirk." i say while standing up. "goodnight y/n. you know where my room is if you need anything." he says, picking up the trash and throwing it in the garbage can.

as i lay in bed for about 2 hours, i realize it's gonna be awhile until i successfully fall asleep. so, i get up to see if there's any extra chick fil a in the fridge. i quietly creek open the door, tiptoeing to the fridge. i squint my eyes at the fridge light until i hear someone walk up to me from behind. "what are you doing up?" a voice croaks.

i turn around and face kirk. "i cant sleep." i mumble. "i have some melentonin.." he says with a voice crack, while rubbing his eyes. "i need it, please." he walks to the kitchen cabinet and grabs the melentonin bottle, handing it to me. i take 3 gummy's out of the bottle before handing it back to him. i pop the gummies in my mouth.

"all good?" he says with a sleepy smile. not gonna lie, he was so adorable. "yeah.." i say while shutting the fridge. "mkay.. goodnight." he replies, walking me to my room. "night kirk." i say as i shut the door and climb into bed.

the next morning
i wake up, squinting my eyes at the brightness of the sunshine through the blinds. i rub my eyes and sit up. i stare at the wall until i sigh and throw my legs over the side of the bed. i walk open the bedroom door and peek out, to see kirk playing guitar in the living room. it looks like he just woke up. his eyes were puffy and his curly hair was a mess.

he looks over to me and smiles softly, "good morning y/n, you sleep alright?" he asks. "yeah, the melentonin helped me fall asleep." i reply, walking over to him. he pats on the couch next him, signaling for me to sit next to him. i sit down as he looks at me, then handing me his flying v guitar. i smile brightly as he hands me his pick, then nods for me to play. i turn the amp settings up a bit for a crunchy sound, then begin to play physcosocial by slipknot.

i strum the cords and move my hand up and down the fretboard. i feel kirk's eyes burning onto my skin as he watches in awe. as i finish, i look over to him as he's smiling. "that was sick." he says, before i smile and hand his guitar back to him. "let me see you play." i say, handing him the pick. he begins to play i song i dont recognize.

as i watch his veiny hands move against the strings, i focus on the frets he presses, trying to see if i could maybe play it. as he finishes, he rests his arm over his guitar. "damn, your good." i start, "but i've never heard that song." he smirks at me, "it's one of my songs." he says. "it's called the four horsemen, that was my solo. i play lead." he says. "that's so cool!"

"yeah, you should come and meet my band tonight. they would love to hear you play. you have talent, y/n." he replies. i look at my hands, then make eye contact with kirk. "i don't know.. what if they don't like me." i start. "shut up." he laughs, "they will love you, and your guitar skills."

i smile and stand up, "im hungry." i say, walking to the fridge. "there's no food." he replies, continuing to play his guitar. "fuck." i sigh.