Chapter 9

You awoke in a sweat, looking at your surroundings. A bright light shone through your blinds. Wait. You suddenly remember that your room was completely trashed just last night.

You quickly sit up in your bed and take a good look around. Your room was relatively back to normal with the exception of your clothes being in a pile on the floor still in ruins. You groan and rub your face with your hands.

"What a fucking bitch." You growl under your breath.

"Are you talking shit, princess?" That voice shook you to your core. It was morning and he was still here? Where is Yuji? Why can he take control at will? These questions circled your mind as you can't understand why this is still happening to you and if you like it or not. No, you definitely don't like it, especially when he is still in your room in the morning. Which meant he watched you sleep. Who knows what kind of sadistic things he did?

"Did you hear me?" His voice sounded way too close. You lift up your face to see Sukuna's face not even two inches away from yours. You quickly jerk back, this man was going to give you a heart attack one day.

"Why are you here?" You question him. He shrugs and gives you a nonchalant smile. "Because I can." You shiver at his response. "Where is Yuji?" He frowns at you. "You care about that little twerp?" Tears prick your eyes. "Yes! I do! You are taking him away from me all the time and you are making me not want to be around him. You look just like him and my brain is getting all confused with my feelings!" You scream at him.

Sukuna growls and backs away off the bed, now standing at the foot of the bed. "You'd rather have some annoying kid than me?" He questions you. You freeze, not wanting to answer that question.

"Answer me." You gulp, knowing you have to answer him.

"He's not a kid anymore and yes, I think I would rather have someone who cares for my wellbeing and actually loves me than a psychopath who can't get his head out of the past." You turn to look away from him.

"You constantly tell me that I'm 'her', but I don't even know who 'her' is. The only thing you've been right about was my cursed energy that I haven't reached my full potential, but my sensei already told me that and is currently helping me. You've only impeded my mental stability and my physical stability."

You now decide to get up off the bed and stomp toward him, only he doesn't back away, he stands still, glaring at you.

"Did you know that you are making my abilities turn backwards? I'm under so much stress that I can't even think about anything, but you, for the entire day and it's exhausting. I'm exhausted! I'm barely getting any sleep and now I have to lie to the people I care and love for." Tears prick your eyes once again and instead of them drying up, they fall down your face.

"What do you want from me?"

A moment of silence strikes the room, nothing but the chirping birds are heard from outside the window. Your phone lights up and glance toward it. It was a writing app, but the time on your phone read "07:26". You sigh, this was too early to be doing all of this.

Sukuna grabs the bottom of your chin with his course hand and brings your face to look to his.

"I'm a curse. You know that. And for the longest time, I didn't have anyone who cared even an ounce for me. Although that never mattered to me. I didn't care to have someone next to me." He glances to the blinds, "That was until I met you." You furrow your eyebrows. There's no way this curse cares about you after only a week.

"This isn't the first time we've met." He begins. "1010 years ago, I met you for the first time." He motions for you to sit down at the edge of your bed as this was going to be a long story. You reluctantly sit down and get prepared to listen to what you did many ages ago.

"I was pillaging your city when you came out of the castle to stop me. Your cursed energy was immense and searing with power. You reminded me of the Gojo's, but I soon learned that you weren't even royal family, you were brought in from the streets due to the potential of your cursed technique. Although you could only freeze one person at a time, just like it is now, or how it was." He reminisces on the past and begins to pace to and fro in your tiny cramped room.

"I killed your whole city. And you fought tooth and nail to save the people who cared so little for you. I didn't understand what kind of determination that was, but nonetheless, you cared so much for the people who didn't care what happened to you." He closes his eyes to grab onto those memories, you only look onto him with intrigue. You've never heard anything like this before and knowing that reincarnation exists, just makes you feel a little better about your life as it is now.

Sukuna opens his eyes and smiles before continuing. "I made a deal with you, similar to the deal we have now. You will accompany me across Japan, doing anything I please, and in turn I would help you reach your full potential, but you could never leave me." He sighs knowing how this story ends.

"We were together for ten years. I came to realize that I loved and cared about you so much that I would do anything for you and you told me you felt the same." He puts his head into his hands. "On a cloudy day, I had left and ordered you to stay at the small abandoned shrine where we had been living at for the past year and you agreed. Hours passed and I finally came back, I don't even remember what I went to go do, but I now regret not taking you with me, because when I came back, you were gone."

He lifts his face and his eyes shown anger and resentment. "I searched high and low for you. I couldn't find you and soon found out from the neighboring village that you walked right through, bought some supplies, and went on your own journey."

He snaps his head to look to you. Anger boiling off of him. "I ordered you to do something and you directly disobeyed me, after everything we had been through, after everything I had done for you. You left me when I needed you the most, because not even three hours later was I ambushed and my twenty fingers were spread across the nation."

He breaks eye contact with you to look at the floor. "I don't know what happened to you, whether you lived your whole life without me or if something bad happened to you. It makes me so angry to think about you leaving."

His gaze softens and looks up to you. "But I can only be mad at you for so long." You sigh hearing the end of his story. Something didn't add up here. You had this overwhelming urge to let him know that you didn't intentionally leave him, that there was something you had to do for him.

"I don't remember anything," You begin to try to explain this absurd feeling. "But something inside me is screaming at me to tell you that there was something I had to finish, something important, and something, somehow went south." You ponder over your sentence not seeing his surprised reaction.

"Come here." He commands. You shake out of your daze and stand up, walking toward him. You stand in front of him and he examines you, looking you up down, now making you even more uncomfortable than before.

"This is going to hurt, a lot." He smiles softly at you and before you can question what he means, he grabs both sides of your head and you are suddenly plunged into a painful darkness, with only your muffled screams being heard.