Chapter 12

Well, going out and skating wasn't what you were expecting. It was all fun and games until Gojo decided that you were a danger to yourself. It's not like you were doing anything to hurt yourself, physically. Mentally on the other hand... you weren't too sure. After about another hour of skating, everyone decided to go out and get something to eat. You went along with it, although you just wanted to go home and take a nap or just sleep the rest of the day away.

Although you still had training left to do. Everyone made their way outside since it was pretty day out and training started. It was the basics, trying to see if we had any new tricks we could use or just trying to master our techniques. It was a little exhausting and ended super late at night, supposedly training us harder to try and prepare ourselves for any kind of attack. Gojo seemed to make it about something that is going to happen in the future. You know he is hiding something, but so are you. 

After training, everyone went back to their respective areas and you trudged into your room. Once the door was closed and locked, you collapsed onto the floor and groaned. "Fucking Gojo." You mumbled. You rolled over onto your back and stared at the ceiling. Pulling out your phone, you looked at the time, it was 23:59. Sukuna should be here soon. You groaned even louder. "I'll freeze that bitch no problem." You mumble to yourself.

"Is that any way to talk to your lover?" A deep voice boomed around your room. You sat up almost immediately and turned to the far corner by your bed where a certain pink-haired demon stood with his arms crossed and his head lowered. "How'd you get here so fast? Also, a locked door means 'don't come in'." Sukuna lifts his head and rolls his eyes. "We're going somewhere tonight." You shake your head no. "Absolutely not." Sukuna saunters over to you. "I wasn't asking." You huff and run one of your hands through your hair. "Fine." Sukuna bends down in front of you so you both make eye contact. He holds out a hand to you. You glance down to his hand and then back up to his daring, red eyes. He smirks at you and grabs your hand after a few more moments of you doing nothing. Suddenly you're in a thick forest area with a beautiful lake in front of you. The moonlight glistening onto the calm lake, the water clear enough to see the bottom along with all the little fish that are still swimming around.

"Wow.." You take in a deep breath. The view was breathtaking, it was definitely something you needed after the day you had. You feel an arm wrap around your shoulders and you tense up, ready to put up a fight. "Relax," Sukuna squeezes your shoulder a little bit, "Just take it all in." You relax your body as much as you could while being in the presence of an old ass demon. "It's beautiful, isn't it?" Sukuna asks looking down at your awestricken face. You nod your head, a small smile forming on your face. "It really is." You both stood there for what seemed like hours, but was only a few minutes. "Do you remember this place?" He asks while gently rubbing your arm. You stand there for a moment, trying to recall all the dreams you've been having. "Not yet." You mumble. Sukuna nods, lets go, and sits on the soft green grass. He pats next to him and you sit down. He pulls you closer and you instinctively put your head on his shoulder. 

"This is nice." You whisper mostly to yourself. Sukuna chuckles. "I could tell you needed it." You glance up to him with a questioning look. He smiles, still looking out into the water. "You look horrible right now. I know I'm mostly to blame. I know I've caused you a lot of heartache." A silence ensues. He clears his throat. "I don't say this often and I won't say it again." You sit back up and turn to face him, sitting criss-cross. "I'm sorry for hurting you before. Seeing you again after you left me, it just hurt." You nod your head, only partly understanding his actions. He was the villain after all. "You remembered something the other night. Care to tell me?" You sigh, knowing what he is referring to. "Yeah, I'll tell you." You clear your throat and gather the past memories you have experienced so far. 

"I didn't leave you, Sukuna." He tenses up a bit. "I went to go stop them from hurting you. I got a few of them, but in the end they killed me. I was never able to say goodbye to you and I'm sorry for that. Although that was past me, I shouldn't be paying for her mistakes." He doesn't say anything for the longest time. You sat there looking at him for any sign of violence or maybe sadness? After a few more seconds, he decides to turn and look at you. You both now face each other, the moonlight giving enough light for the two of you to see each other clearly. You could now see that his face showed a little sadness in it. "Why would you not wait for me?" He finally asks. You sigh knowing he isn't going to like the answer. "I suppose it was because I heard of news that some very powerful jujutsu sorcerers were coming to kill you and seal you away forever. I couldn't stand to see it happen before my eyes. So I left to go and stop them." You finish, seeing bits and pieces of that brawl flash before your eyes, sending a shiver down your spine. He hums and closes his eyes. "That's unfortunate." He comments no longer showing any emotion. You reach out to hold his hand but stop before you could touch him. Something was happening to you and you were starting to get feelings toward this curse. Whether it was your present self or your past self, you didn't really care. However, you did care about Yuji and this curse was hurting him. 

"What are you trying to do here?" You ask, turning your head to look out into the calm water that shimmered from the moonlight, bringing you more peace than you anticipated, being sat next to the king of curses. Sukuna opens his eyes and rubs his chin with one of his hands. "I would explain it to you, but..." He stands on his knees and leans closer to you. You look back to see him extremely close and you go to scoot backwards, but he beats you to it by pushing you to the ground, him straddling you as both of his hands are placed on either side of your head. "You'll have to fall in love with me again." He finishes and your eyes widen. "I can't" You shake your head. "You're in my best friends body, it would be too weird." He lets out a small laugh. "So you're telling me that if it wasn't for your best friend you would fall for me?" Your cheeks get hot and you put your hands together, freezing Sukuna in his spot. You crawl out from underneath him and put some distance between the two of you before letting him go. He takes a sharp inhale and looks up to meet your (e/c) eyes. He leans back on his haunches and begins to stand up, creating a shadow over you as you were still sitting with your hands behind you and your knees up to your chest. 

"You'll fall for me, I'm sure of it. Even if it takes years, I'm good at waiting." You gulp and he holds out his hand for you to take. "I'll take you back to your room, let's go." You stand up and take a few steps closer to him before hesitantly taking his hand and with a loud whoosh you are back in your dorm room.

You turn around and let out a sigh of content. You were finally back in your room and sleep was sounding amazing right now. You had let go of Sukuna's hand and turned your back to him. You feel his presence right behind you and he wraps his arms around you. "Have a good sleep, princess." You tense up, but before you could tell him to let go, he left without a sound. You relax your body and flop onto your bed, not caring to change or do your regular routine. Tonight was actually nice, considering it was with Sukuna. You pull your blankets down and then up to your shoulders and close your eyes. Your dreams being filled with your past, happy memories of you and Sukuna.