out of my league -vincent

/ zoey's pov /

The girl quickly let go of my hand, dropping her own arm down to her side and looking away.

"What's going on?" I asked her, confused and hoping she knew more.

"Well, we just got eaten. Clearly." She teased, although looking extremely nervous.

I giggled a bit, reaching out and wrapping my fingers through hers, the warmth of her palm making the whole situation a bit better.

She flinched, but didn't remove her hand.

"We should look around, get to know our surroundings." She advised, and I willingly followed her.

There didn't seem to be much liquid in the cavern, but the fleshy pink material coating the walls and floor were damp, some crevices holding small pools of water.

My foot landed in a puddle, and I pulled it out quickly, shivering with disgust. "Bleh, this place is nasty."

"According to the fact that the walls up towards the ceiling seem to be dripping with some sort of wet substance, I can say that this cavern is normally wet, and only seems to be dry now." She said, rubbing her finger against the wall. 

We hear a distant scream and a loud thump, indicating another broccoli has fallen.

"Why are we moving?" I asked, alarmed. The floor had started to move, and I clung to the girl next to me for support.

Eventually, the shaking seemed to stop and I looked up, noticing a hole opening.

"Duck." The girl pulled me behind her, shielding me with her body as a waterfall cascaded down the hole. 

The wave swept us off our feet, shoving us into a wall and pushing us closer together. She placed her hands on opposite sides of me, holding herself up in attempt to stop the water from hitting me.

Eventually, the wave ended and she pried herself off of me, legs wet with whatever now coated our bodies.

While she continued to look around, I stayed frozen still, face red with embarrassment and shock.

The water was up to our ankles, but sometimes it splashed when the body moved and hit our knees.

"HEY! Are you guys okay?" I turned my head, seeing two other broccolis' running towards us, one significantly taller than the other.

The shorter one, who was the one who shouted out at us, reached the girl in front of me first.

"I'm glad there's other survivors, I don't think I can handle being alone with her any longer." She pointed behind her to the taller broccoli, who was kicking her foot into a puddle.

"I'm Lexi, this is Trinity. We were lucky enough to survive together," she continued. 

The girl I was with before nodded. "I'm Vincent, and the girl behind me is.." she trailed off, before looking at me sheepishly.

"I'm Zoey. Sorry for not asking your name sooner.." I said.

She giggled and turned back around to Lexi. Trinity was now splashing Lexi with the puddle water.

"Ergh-, stop! Anyways, what is this place?" She asked Vincent.

'Vincent, huh? That's an interesting name for a girl, but it suits her.'  I thought. 

"I don't know, but we need to get out of here," Vincent decided, taking my hand in hers and gesturing with her head forwards, suggesting we go onwards.

°

i'm ngl i shouldn't have neglecting this fic it's fun

-vincent