we fell in love in october -vincent

[ Vincent's POV ]

I'm not sure where we ended up, but I somehow got stuck with a group of 3 other broccolis, one who was constantly bothering the other.

Lexi, Trinity, and Zoey. Me and Zoey had fallen down together, it was kind of embarrassing to open my eyes and realize I had been clinging to her.

"So.. now what?" Lexi asked, crossing her arms. "I don't think we'll be able to climb back up," she sarcastically commented.

Zoey laughed, a little. I found myself wishing to hear more of her laughter.

"U-um, we'll we c-could-," I stuttered, cutting myself off to avoid anymore embarrassment.

"I wonder if this stuffs edible," Trinity thought aloud and wandered off towards one of the walls.

Lexi sighed angrily and stomped after her to drag her back.

The cavern began to shift again, luckily I was able to grab Zoey before either of us fell, unluckily for Lexi, Trinity had grabbed her and they both fell to the ground, now soaked up to their waists in the weird murky water.

"We're inside something, that's for sure. We've gone through the esophagus, being swallowed. I can only assume the frantic shakes are the being we're inside moving around," I pointed out.

Zoey still looked scared, clinging to my arm.

"What happens next? Are we gonna stay here?" I continued looking ahead.

"I don't know,"

"Uh, hey guys! I think we're moving aga-AAAAA!" Trinity started to warm, before we were tipped on the side and crashed right into the soggy, slimy walls.

"Eww!" Lexi and I exclaimed at the same time.

I pushed myself off, some of the sticky liquid squelching as i pried my body off. Zoey was lucky enough not to get much on her, just some water in her mouth from falling on her knees.

Trinity and Lexi made their way back to us, uncomfortably walking on the wall, still on our sides.

"And I can also only assume the being we're inside just laid down," I grumbled to mainly Zoey, who had heard my previous thoughts.

"I don't like it here," Trinity said. "It's wet and hot in here,"

Lexi looked down and nodded, for once agreeing with the taller broccoli.

"We can get out of here," I stated confidently. "I'm sure of it,"

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a confident person, and I actually have absolutely zero clue how in the world we could have gotten out of this situation, but these poor girls looked scared, wet, and very disgruntled after what they had just gone through. I had to take over give them a bit of hope. 

Zoeys eyes shined and she smiled, standing up to her full height. "Alright again! Let's get going!"

She grabbed Trinity by hooking their elbows, cheering as they walked off.

Me and Lexi hung behind, watching them go. She turned back to me and left out a hand, inviting me to take it.

I grabbed it gratefully, finally being pulled off my knees from the sticky floor.

"Ya' think there's a chance this being will somehow go upside down for an extended amount of time and allow us to climb back out that hole?" Lexi asked, pointing to the hole we fell through at the top of the cavern. Or, what was the top of the cavern.

I smiled and tried to wipe the slime off myself. It's probably not good for my leaves.

"Let's go."

She raced off towards the other girls, me following slowly behind.

Trinity and Zoey were standing at the wall, looking at the hole we would have to climb back through.

"Think we can make it?" Zoey asked.

"Maybe if we make a broccoli ladder," Trinity responded.

"Unlikely." Lexi chimed in from behind.

I shake my head in despair. I really got the short end of the stick with smart group members.
"I don't think we'd be able to reach that."

Trinity shrugged. "It's worth a try!"

She then tried to rock climb up the wall.

Which didn't work, obviously.

It's a wet, squishy, slimy pink wall made out of what's inside my mouth. (If I had one) Not that easy to climb.

She slid back down immediately and sat in silence.

"..."

"Anyone else got any ideas?"

"..."

"I'll just try again."

'Damn, this is gonna suck. At least that Zoey girl's hot.'

- not proofread idgaf -

go check out my book on my real account if your into tbhk

go check out my book on my real account if your into tbhk. that'd b cool 🫶

anyways kibun shidai desu boku wa    , teki o erande tatakau shounen ! 🎶