Behind my back?

PLAYING: After dark - Mr.Kitty

"I missed you, I'm sorry"
—————————————————————
January 9, 1986

6:08 am

I opened my eyes to my alarm blaring in my ears, I turned it off and got up not ready to go back to school after a 3 week break.

I took a shower the night before so all I had to do was brush my teeth and wash my face.

I slowly walked to the bathroom and turned on the sink water. I splashed my face with the cold water to wake me up. I took my toothbrush and put it under the running water before putting toothpaste on it and brushing my teeth. Once I was done i spit and washed my face with face soap and water.

I dried my face off and decided I wouldn't put on any makeup today, I don't really need it anyways. I went back to my room and looked over at the wall. I saw a old picture of me and Michael back in 3rd grade... we aren't really against each other anymore, but it's not like we're best friends like we used to be either. I do miss talking to him, since we've fought I've felt like something- rather someone was missing.

I don't know what was up with me, I was just really jealous. I should apologize, I was just being dramatic. I'm not allowed to be jealous anymore anyways, because I'm in a relationship. At least that's what Damian tells me...

I snapped myself out of my thoughts and continued getting ready, putting on my typical jeans and a baggy hoodie. I grabbed my bag and went downstairs and grabbed a banana from the fruit bowl. I ate it and threw the peel away then grabbed my skateboard and walked out the door.

I got on my skateboard and skated off to school.

At school, Y/ns locker

I said hi to everyone else except Damian. I assumed he just couldn't find us, it was pretty crowded anyways. As I got closer to my locker, I saw something. Damian! And-

"Is that Angela?" I asked out loud, as everything unblurred, I saw....

Damian and Angela kissing? He's cheating on me with Angela?

Angela's cheating on Michael?

I still care about him.

I need to tell him.

As I turned around I saw the one and only,

Michael Afton.

I hugged him. I don't know why, I don't know why-

He's hugging back.

I don't know why he's hugging back. I don't know why he doesn't hate me.

I felt tears roll down my cheeks. Even though we were at school I just let them flow. When no one was looking, Michael pulled us into the closest janitors closet.

"Hey.. um- it's okay..." I heard him say, trying his best to comfort me.

I looked at him and he was crying a bit too, I mean we both got cheated on I guess.

"Sorry." I muttered.

"Wha-" Michael started, I cut him off.

"Look.. I'm sorry, for everything. For getting mad at you that day, for lying to you about why I was crying, for trying to make you jealous, and for yelling at you. I know sorry doesn't do anything, I don't really know how to make it up to you. Just know that I'm sorry okay? I understand if you hate me, but I don't hate you, okay? I love you, still- after all of this. I don't care if you don't feel the same.." I said, all in one breath somehow.

I caught my breath and finally decided to try to guess what the look on Michaels face meant.

"I forgive you." I heard him mutter.

I engulfed him in a hug, and this time he didn't hesitate to hug back.

"I've never been away from you for that long.." I said, sighing.

"I know, but I'm here now, yeah?" He told me.

"Mhm" I hummed in response.

"So we're friends again?" He asked.

"Yup" I confirmed.

"We should get to class" Michael suggested.

"Since when do you wanna go to class?" I questioned.

"Since we're friends" Michael answered.

We got up and walked out the closet like nothing happened, and surprisingly no one saw.

We walked to class and sat down, this time next to each other.

I looked back at where Damian usually sat and he was sitting there, looking at me and Michael with a confused look. I just rolled my eyes and turned back around. Now that I'm back with Michael, I feel like that hole in my life isn't there anymore. Was he the person who was missing?

Michael snapped me out of my thoughts with his voice.

"Since you've been gone.. I feel like there's been a hole in my life. And now that your back, the hole is filled. I kinda sound crazy I kno-" he said, I cut him off again.

"No- I feel the same actually..." I told him.

"Really?"

"Yup!"

"That's weird!"

"I agree, let's pay attention before we get detention dummy." I told him, laughing and poking his arm playfully.

Finally, he's back.