Prologue

I remember when I was trapped, in dismay, afraid. This never occurred before. It was at least a year ago before that hell of a place came crashing down, you're probably wondering what I mean, right? Lets start from the very beginning. My name is Charles Duke Winstley, I was born on December 25th, yes, yes I know, Jesus' birthday- anyway, now that we got that out of the way, now I get to tell you why I'm writing here today.

________________________________________________________________________________

O C T O B E R      1 8 T H      2 0 8 1

________________________________________________________________________________

"AY..! WAIT UP....!" A girl was running behind me, my best friend Melissa. Beautiful hazel eyes, pale skin, brown hair? She was absolutely breath taking. As she finally caught up to me, she was panting. "D-Damn, Charlie...you really move fast on that wheelchair of yours..!" Melissa exclaimed, hands on her knees, panting. "I didn't know I was moving that fast, jeez." I replied, looking around. "Woah, I knew the old Aperture Science lab was huge but...woah!" Shocked, Melissa looked at the building. "Like, you've never seen a skyscraper before?" I said sarcastically. "I-I know I have, we literally were raised in New York, dude." Melissa said. "My point." I replied, snickering. Her face became bright red. I knew she was cute, but damn. She then grabbed the handles of my wheelchair and started to head in. 

"So like, want to explore what's out here?" She asked. I nodded. We started to look around the parking lot. "It's like no one ever left...just abandoned cars.." She muttered. I haft to admit, it was creepy. I headed to a car and opened it with ease. "Someone was stupid enough to leave their wallet, heh." I said, taking it and looking through it. "Damn, they were paid well! This is worth 10 grand!" I was shocked, 10 grand Aperture was paying them, Jesus Christ! Melissa rolled her eyes. "Pfft, no way." She said jokingly. I shook my head. "Wanna go inside now??" I asked Melissa, she then got excited, started to stim too. "YEAH!!!!!!!!!!" She exclaimed, immediately took me inside. "Someone's excited..!" I said, laughing. She was smiling widely as we got to the front desk, we looked around. "Cave Johnson.." I heard Melissa say as I then wheeled to her. "Owner of Aperture." I replied, smiling at her. "Damn he was ugly." Melissa started to laugh once I said that. "B-Bro needs a bath in lotion!" Melissa replied as we both started to laugh harshly as we then started to calm down.

We eventually stopped as I started to feel light headed, and there was this all of a sudden smell, a smell like rotten eggs, like a skunk. "Ew, what's that smell..?!" Melissa asked, starting to get woozy. "H...hey....why am I..." Everything started to blur as Melissa collapsed to the floor as I passed out, what was happening, why is it like this? Why was I tired, what's happening...those thoughts ran through my head as I passed out, at that point, not even a nuclear explosion could awaken me. My ears were ringing...but. Its fine. Really. Everything will...be...fine.