five ✭

JORDAN'S POV
———————————

JORDAN'S POV———————————

———————-

"What you back there watching munchkin?"

Londyn looked up from her tablet pausing whatever she was watching. "I'm watching Lab Rats on Disney Plus. You ever watch it Jordy."

I shook my head no. "Never even heard of it. What's it about?"

She explained what it was about while talking about the crush she had on one of the boys on the show. "And he's so cuteeeee. He's kind of dumb, but it's ok because he's super strong, kind of like you Jordy!"

I let out a cackle. "You think you funny huh? I reached back while continuing to focus on the road tickling her feet. She laughed. "I'm just kidding my mommy says you're really smart."

My eyebrows rose in curiosity wondering what else Reina said about me. "Hmm does she? What else does your mommy say about me?"

She smirked. "Well if I tell you, I need a something in exchange for my troubles. Let's say a necklace that has my name on it."

I laughed at her request. "You already know we can make that happen. Now spill the beans munchkin!"

"Ok, ok, ok! She said that she loves you a lot. Not like friends do, but more than that. She also said that she enjoys you being around and something about wishing she could live in your skin. I don't know I overheard it, it's weird if you ask me. I have no clue what that even means though." I couldn't help but smile. Did she really feel that way about me? I mean I felt that way about her too, but she was really feelin' me?

She continued talking about her crush when we pulled up under the garage. I got out of the car before grabbing my gym bag helping her get out of the car. Once she got out she grabbed my hand as we walked inside the Chase Center. Today's game was against Miami Heat against Golden State which was gonna be an easy win if you asked me.

After all the bullshit that happened this morning I was hoping this game went easy. And of course I had to put up a good amount of points since my munchkin was gonna be there. Since she has school, which comes with a bed time, she isn't always able to come to games. So in that case I had to make sure she enjoyed herself.

As soon as we stepped onto the court I let Londyn go with Ayesha, Hazel, and Mariah while I was practicing. It was rare that we had early games, but I hated it when we did. I shot around for a little while waiting for Reina who was most likely on her way. Speaking of...

After I shot the ball she walked in with a totally different outfit. She looked absolutely gorgeous. She had on a white tee with a black puffer, some camo cargos, with some pine green dunks to match.

Gorgeous in anything she wears to be honest..

She sent a wave towards the girls and blew a kiss at Londyn who returned it before she headed towards me. "What's good Poole." That tea break and most likely a nap had her in better spirits.

"What's good lil mama?" I hugged her leaving a kiss on her forehead. Since she had on makeup I didn't wanna mess up the little blush situation she going on so I settled for a forehead kiss. Once she walked off she headed through the tunnel to the back probably getting ice packs and making sure she had the massage guns with her.

I was definitely gonna miss her being at every game, but I was happy that she was finally deciding to do something for herself. I didn't like the fact that her career was surrounded around me. To be honest I'd forgot about the pact a few years after she moved. After putting up some more shots I headed towards the back to the locker room so I could call my mom.

Before every game we made it a habit that I call and she prays over me. I sat down letting the phone ring until she answered. "Hey baby! How's it going?"

"Hey mama, I'm good. What's going on at home?" She let out a small laugh. "Your father's about to stress me out. Speaking of your father, Anthony! I'm on the phone with your son." I laughed at her yelling.

Their love was different, but as long as they were both happy in each others presence I was good. "Hey son!"

"What's good pops!"

"Alright I don't wanna hold you any longer baby. Bow your head." I obliged as she began praying.

"Dear Lord, I ask that you cover Jordan as he plays tonight. Let him be safe and stay in tact. Lord I ask that you not only cover him in your blood, but cover the whole team Jesus. Let him feel your spirit as he plays tonight. Let him feel you in his presence, mind, and body. In your precious and heavenly name we pray, Amen."

I let out a sigh of relief before I spoke. "Thank you mama. Tell pops I love him. Ima call you sometime this week. Love you."

After she returned an I love you, I took off my Warriors sweat shirt getting ready for the game to start.

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

The game was now over and we'd won 134-126. Like I said I dropped a good amount of points to make sure my munchkin had a good time. I was now heading through the tunnel to get ready.

After I was done I headed right back out after saying bye to everybody and signing a few jerseys. I walked over towards Reina and Londyn who were currently talking to Hazel. Once she noticed me walking over she gave me a hug going over to Drey.

Londyn hugged me with a big smile on her face. "That game was super fun Jordy. My favorite part was when you were scoring from the three point line. I wanna do that one day."

My eyebrows rose. "Really? Well whenever your mommy lets you I'll take you to play some basketball, ok?"

She nodded before running to where Klay was. He was probably her favorite off the team. I shook my head with a smile before turning my head towards Reina. "You good mama?"

"Yeah I'm cool, you?"

"We won so I'm good. You find any schools for Londyn?" She nodded before handing me her phone.

"Ayesha recommended it to me. Ryan and Riley go there so it's pretty tempting. I think this is the best bet for a school that fits her. That other school wasn't feeding her brain anyway. She'd probably be better over here anyway. And it's closer to here so that's pretty good."

I nodded handing her the phone. "Yeah it sounds nice. I got my duffle in the trunk so I'll meet y'all there." I kissed her forehead before I left out.