Chapter 3

Siwoo waited for the van in front of his apartment. He scrolled aimlessly through Instagram and watched the blur of colors flash before his eyes. He clicked his screen off and sighed heavily. Out of the corner of his eyes, he saw a black van turn the corner. He tucked his hair behind is ears and waved towards it.

"Morning," he said climbing on. And like every other day, a chorus of answers followed.

"Moooorning," yawned Fang.

"Sup," said Rae. Siwoo high-fived the big hand waving in the air and sat next to him.

"Good morning, Siwoo!" smiled Ain. He threw Siwoo a gentle nod and plugged his AirPods back in.

"Siwoo..." Hyunah turned around and gave him a thick script from the passenger seat. Siwoo took it and stared at it in disbelief.

"Hyunah, I thought I made myself clear..." he sighed and tried to give it back to her when she pushed it back and straighten up in her seat.

"The higher-ups are involved now, and they agree with me that you should take the role." She glanced at him through the rearview mirror. "They want you to reconsider the role."

Siwoo felt his face stiffen. He met her gaze.

"Hyunah... Why did you get them involved when you clearly knew I didn't want this? I know you really think I need to take this role, but..."

"It wasn't me." She blurted.

Siwoo paused.

Then who was it?

"It was the director himself. When he didn't hear back from us for a few days, he came over himself last night and met with the head of board to discuss the role." She fidgeted with her phone before she turned around in her seat. "He's doubled your contract amount and even agreed to sign you for another role right after this one, regardless of how good this does."

Siwoo stared back in shock.

Ain pulled out his Airpods again, and all the other members stopped to look at Siwoo.