Chapter 15

Siwoo put his salad bowl into the sink and ran the water. Even after 2 years of his popularity slipping down the drain, he still tried is best to stick to his low-carb diet. It was a habit that he had picked up ever since he became a trainee. He went to the bathroom and looked in the mirror. He had never been the member that took off their shirt. That was Fang's job. Siwoo was more the type that was always decorated in flashy clothes to only reveal a bit at a time. Just like his put together image, he had maintained his lean figure that was lightly toned simply with the dancing he was required to do.

Siwoo took a quick shower and was drying his hair when a text from Hyunah arrived.

I'm sending you the address to a gym that I've signed you up for. I did some persuading and got the higher-ups to pay for your membership. It's a pretty private, good gym, and it even has a fancy shower with a free snack bar!

Siwoo looked at the photo attachments. He wasn't too familiar with gyms, and had only been to Fang's... But was pretty sure not all gyms came with a free snack bar. The gym looked clean and brand new. Lines of equipment were organized in a wide room covered in mirrors and windows. Another photo showed a snack bar stocked with fruit, drinks and a few colorful cupcakes.

He's image had always required him to stay slim and fit, not bulked up. But Xie Lian was a martial god who had both very masculine and feminine traits. Like the flower and sword that symbolized him, he was both strong and soft. Siwoo squeezed his arms and pondered a bit before deciding that more definition would indeed look a bit better for the role. With only a month left before filming started, he wouldn't be able to make too much of a difference. But it would definitely help to work out and accentuate his figure.

Is there a personal trainer? He texted.

That... I couldn't get them to pay for... Hyunah apologized.

Sighing, Siwoo walked over to his closet and packed some clothes. He didn't have any fancy workout attire, but this would have to do until he got paid. Walking to the station, he realized that the gym was only a couple of stops away from his house. When he arrived, he looked up at the tall building and double-checked the address before entering. The manager that greeted him at the information desk helped him find his locker and explained the basic rules and utilities of the gym. The locker room and shower were upstairs, next to the yoga and Pilates studio. The heavy weights and running machines were on the first floor, and there was even a pool on the level below that. All three floors were connected by a small elevator.

Siwoo's eyes grew wide at the size and quality of the gym. This was more like a sports theme park. The photos Hyunah had sent him didn't do the place justice. He wondered how in the world Hyunah got the agency to pay for the membership here. No wonder they weren't willing to get him a trainer on top of this...!

"That's all for the tour. Do you have any questions?" asked the manager. Siwoo pondered for a bit before he remembered something.

"Where's the snack bar?" he smiled. Siwoo was determined he would make the most of this free membership.

Compared to the size of the place, there were only a few people working out, so Siwoo felt a bit better about exercising in front of strangers. After changing into his gym clothes, he walked towards the elevator to go down to the running machines. When he pressed the down button, the golden doors pleasantly chimed and slid open. Stepping in, he pressed the first floor and waited quietly as he was taken down. This place has nice elevator music, he thought. Studying the intricate gold pattern engraved onto the elevator door, he was amazed at how detailed it was. He took a step forward and reached out to feel the texture when it suddenly parted.

"!!!"

Looking up, Siwoo found a startled face above him. The dark pair of eyes wavered for a split second before they settled back down into a warmer hue. It took Siwoo a moment to puzzle the face together. It was Haejun.

Breathing heavily, the actor was looking down at him, his water bottle halfway up to his lips. Sweat was dripping off of his hair down his neck, running into the back of his tight-fitting shirt. His cheeks were a bit saturated, adding a splash of youth onto his sharp features. Haejun took a swig of his water and grinned.

"You can touch it if you want," he said. Siwoo realized his hand was still reached out towards the actor's heaving chest. He yanked back his arm and stepped off of the elevator, his face turning red. He didn't even know how he was going to explain himself, so he just stood there with a blank expression, his heart beating in his ears.