𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟖

Hey everyone!
Shower it with all your love and inline comments, I absolutely love them!

Happy reading.🌻

|•|•|

February 2020

Udaipur

Mahajan's

The environment in the Mahajan residence was pleasantly vibrant, even when there were only the Mahajans and Sidharth and Sanjana who joined the crowd sometime late in the afternoon. It seemed as if the wind chime finally got its wind back and now it is now finally chiming. And isn't it like the exactly same? When the newly married daughter comes at her place for the first time post marriage; it is like a wave of unmatched zeal and happiness altogether.

Deepak and Juhi had made it very clear that marriage or no marriage, this place is her home and not to add any prefix to it like maternal home or maayka; no formalities were required and Monami was really feeling overwhelmed hearing her mother. Of course it was not like she believed in this stuff that now her in laws' place will be the only one as her home and all that, she firmly believed that she belonged to both the places. Hence, it will not be about compromise but little adjustments from all.

Monami had a gala time, at her home, with her people. This time too she was the centre of attention, like many times, but unlike all the others; because she was not here to stay, rather she'll leave back at night, taking the wind with her. Who says that just because your daughter is living far away from you, you'll be acquainted to the absence she leaves when she is married? Then, it is even more difficult. But it is what it is.

Soon, when it was the time to prepare the dinner, Monami reminded her mother about the dishes that should be made so that even Karan can eat because his series was already nearing and he cannot afford anymore cheating with his diet, as she learnt from Barkha in morning. Although, she was relentlessly teased for the same by all, including the senior Mahajans as well but nonetheless she stuck to her statement.

Within no time, it was close to eventide and Karan had called his wife once to know about the timings by when he should be here and she told him about it and he agreed to be here. So Kaptaan Sahab was here to take back his officer sahiba.

When Karan entered the place, his sasural, his another home, he was welcomed very warmly and all his initial hesitance was wiped off with the way he was treated in the place. Not like son in law, but son; their family member. All of them made equal efforts to include him in their conversations and shared a few anecdotes here and there about Monami which made her groan inwardly, when it came to the embarrassing moments of her childhood. Even Deepak shared a few incidents of his army life and how it was to be an officer who was headed by a senior like Atul Shergill.

All in all, it was a fun filled, eventful evening. Moreover, thanks to their earlier meet ups and spending some time with all of them, be it the trip which included Mahajans, or the time when Karan attended the functions of Sidharth and Sanjana's wedding, he was more comfortable with the people than Monami and he made a mental note to be there beside Monami as much as he can so that she does not feel out of the place.

Also, Karan was also teased when they all sat for the dinner. Vedant and his better half's friends left no stone unturned in teasing the couple.

"Jeej, aapko pata hai di ne khaana especially aapko dhyaan mein rakhte hue banwaya hai, aur aisa aaj se pehle unhone kisi ke liye nahi kiya hai." Vedant made an honest effort in teasing Monami by making Karan as his scapegoat. Hearing this Monami's eyes widened before she looked at her brother with narrowed eyes and Karan coughed because the food got stuck in his food pipe; as he was not at all expecting this.