Chapter 2

The tom rose his head to meet Megzy.
"And who might you be, another weak cat that can't fight to save their life," he said mockingly.

"Weak!" There was a blaze of fury in her eyes. Every cat who lived on our street never to call Megzy weak he obviously wasn't from around here but then why had he got so mad at me being here Jacks thought. "Yah, what are you going to do about it hurt me with your puny blunt claws and teeth. Yah go home she-cat." He mocked. "Alright, that's it! Jacks duck." I buried myself till I was almost in the dirt. The tom looked down puzzled by why I would bury myself and that's when Megzy struck she steadied herself, crouched closed her eyes and when she was ready her eyes flew open a blaze within them and she pounced barreling the tom of me claws unsheathed.

Once she had given him some good scratches she rebounded off him. "Jacks run I'll hold him off." She yelled and then she hurdled herself back into battle. I scrambled up the fence using my claws to boost myself up when I was fully up I looked back and as I had expected she had pinned him and there wasn't a scratch on her, her only flaw was she was very protective around any new people and if someone attacked me or was joking about me she would immediately attack them which could cloud her judgement of friend or foe also she didn't back down from a fight unless she had to.

"Ha who's weak now!" She mocked rubbing salt in the wound as he had done to her. "Oh, young she-cat will you ever learn." He threatened and smirked as his tail twitched happily like he knew something we didn't and he was going to use Megzy's anger to his advantage. The tom started to bleed from the cuts Megzy had made and yet he was smirking. "Tell you what you and your friend over there, I'm looking at you Blacky-" that's all the tom was able to say before he got cut off. "His name is Jacks!" Megzy interrupted. "Alright then Jacks, you and Jacks leave and you won't be hurt he threatened. He continued to smirk, did the tom not know that he wasn't going to get out of this unless Megzy decided to let him go? "You apologise to Jacks then sure, we'll go but apologise first." "I'M NOT APOLOGISING TO YOUR PATHETIC EXCUSE OF A FRIEND!" He hissed.

Megzy scratched him across the chest. "What did you just say!" She hissed "You heard" he chuckled as he began to lick a forepaw as if this would all work out in his favour. I looked out into the bush and saw a couple of amber eyes on the edge of the bush, staring at Megzy pinning down the tom. "How dare you, you're going to wish you hadn't said that!" She said furiously. She buried her claws in his fur enough that she could wriggle free but he couldn't and opened her mouth showing her sharp teeth. He smirked and I understood what he was doing, he was making Megzy think she had the upper hand so she would drop her guard, he was making her mad on purpose which meant this was far from over, which meant those eyes were other cats waiting for the signal to ambush Megzy. I had to warn her. "MEGZY WATCH OUT!" But I was too late. The tom kicked up hard knocking her off him, he yowled and cats started crawling out of the bushes and jumping out of the paperbark trees. Megzy was slightly dazed but shook it off and was back in the game. Megzy had sheathed her claws when being kicked off but as the cats started to surround her she unsheathed them again. "Megzy run." I insisted but she was so engaged in this battle and too stubborn plus not wanting to admit she had lost to listen to me and continued to attack the cats that were lunging at her. I saw a flash of fear cross her face quickly and then be covered up and I knew why, Megzy was a great fighter but the maximum amount of cats she had fought was three and she was pretty scratched up afterwards and there were about twelve counting the tom who had started this. But didn't want to join in which was a great relief.

I scanned the tom to see if we knew him and was getting revenge on us. He was a massive completely white tom except for the tip of his tail which was jet black he also had yellow eyes, I didn't recognise him, was he new and thought this was his territory and thought we were trespassing, but if so why did he not have a collar most cats didn't wear collars around here unless they were new but maybe he was an exception or maybe we just didn't cross paths until now. "Got you house cat!" A black she-cat cried out happily, breaking my train of thought and causing me to look up in worry. Megzy was caught under the black she-cat's paws. "Great work Blackfur!" The tom said cheerily. Megzy scrambled out from under Blackfur knocking her over. "Get her!" The tom hissed, the cats started surrounding her and no matter how hard she tried to escape they blocked her, Blackfur and the tom were among them. I had enough, so I charged at the black she-cat called Blackfur and pounced on her, "GET. AWAY. FROM. MEGZY!!" I hissed with my claws out pinning her to the ground, my jaws open showing that I wasn't messing around. "Get off me weakling!" She spat and kicked me off, I landed on my paws and crouched hissing my hackles rising. "Take care of him and I'll take care of her." The tom said. Blackfur gave a respectful nod. "Of course." She said respectfully and lunged at me. I dodged her and saw the tom striding towards Megzy. I ran towards her but Blackfur pounced on me and wouldn't let go. I hissed at Blackfur as I saw Megzy hissing and spitting underneath the tom's strong, large and heavy paws. I could feel Blackfur's claws digging into me without hesitation and the tom was getting ready to give Megzy a fatal bite and then finish me off and there was no way out of it this time. So I said goodbye to Megzy closed my eyes and accepted my fate.