The beggining

Chapter one

Looking into Sean's baby blue eyes brings back memories of a time before all this. Before the world turned to shit. They are young and sparkle in the dimmed light of the hot Georgia sun. Sean must be a year old now. But the way he puts together small words and seems to know more than he should, he seems older. I'd take a bullet for him. I would go to hell and back to keep him safe. After all, he is my only link to what the world once was. A small part of me want me to believe his father is still out there. But I know he's not. I push back the memories threatening to take over my mind like a parasite. In the distance, I see two dead-heads stumbling in my general direction. I'm not scared, not frightened either. If anything the walkers just annoy me. Always in the way. Even though there are only two, considering the other eight that have crossed my way today, it is twice as much as yesterday: The early signs of a heard coming. I know It's time to move. I pick up baby Sean; who at the moment is making slight goo-ing noises and staring at his feet bobbing from side-to-side as if he has never seen legs before, and lay him it his cloth sling- that is slung across my back. Once Sean is situated, I pick up my bow, and start down the cracked; faded road, just along the tree line.