Fixing things

Daryls pov.
I didn't agree with Luci going to fix the water line. She's q mom and she seems somewhat week and broken. But on the other hand, if I'm going as back up- I know I can keep her safe. I trust ricks opinion so I nod in agreement but Still thinking about how we're going to safely pull this off.

Luci's pov.
We did just as Daryl said. The next morning; just as the sun rose we headed out. Daryl slightly shook my arm until I awoke. I'm not a heavy sleeper so it didn't take long. The sun was just peeking over the dew covered hill the prison was propped on. Nice and quiet. I rolled over to see Daryl. It's time. I thought to myself. I nodded to him as if to tell him I'm ready and carefully got out off the bunk. I picked up Sean who was still sound asleep. His soft face always makes me smile. Daryl whispered "it's time." So I picked up my crossbow it slightly worse condition than daryls, swung it over my back and exited the cell. Daryl following behind me. I walked down a ways to Rick and loris cell. Lori was sitting upright talking to Rick about what was about to happen when she saw me walk in. I handed Sean to Lori who gave me a worried smile. "I'll take good care of him while your gone. Stay safe and get it done. Thank you." She finished. "Thank you so much Lori. I'll be fine. Back in no time." I reassuringly replied. Daryl who was standing at the door commented "I'm there too. Ain't nothing gonna get us while I'm out there." Rick and Lori both smiled. "That's right!" Rick said with a confident tone. And with that, we were on our way.
______________________
Once we arrived at the gate; (me, daryl, Rick, and Glenn), Glenn untied the red wire holding the broken fence together. "Good luck you two." Glenn said. "Watch your back. We're here for back up." Rick seriously said while looking from me then to Daryl. "You ready?" Daryl said. "Let's do this." I replied. We slid threw the gap in the fence and began running. After running along the prison for about a quarter mile, we reached the water line. Rick was right it had indeed been broken. Daryl was behind be taking our staggling walkers coming close. Off about 100 feet away was a slowly approaching heard. Damn it, I thought to myself and began working on the pipes. I picked up both parts and quickly realized something was wrong. The main screw that held the pipes together was missing so I frantically began looking for it. "Hurry up, Lucien." Daryl worriedly warned. I looked up to see to many walkers to count headed our way. "Shit! I'm missing a screw!" I yelled. I finally found it but by then the walkers were feet away. Daryl was taking them out but couldn't get most of them. I tightened the screw and jumped up as fast as I could dodging a walker trying to grab me. "Run!" Daryl yelled. I began running as fast as I could until I tripped. And a sharp pain started rushing to my thigh.