Chapter Three - Date preperations gone wrong.

Credit to Thecrispychannle for the image:https://bit.ly/3XqWBvk

•/*\• Y/N's POV •/*\•

'Okay.' I thought. 'Today is my first date with Cuphead. I can do this.' I got out of bed and took a long shower to calm my thoughts, obviously singing Roll or Die, one of my favorite songs, right after my number one fav of course, f/s.

Once I finished my song I got out and got ready for the date. I wore a beautiful f/c dress with sf/c pants. I put a pink little flower in my hair by my ear.

•/*\• Cuphead's POV •/*\•

"Okay Mugs, how do I look?"

"Is it really true that you were going to commit suicide but decided to have one last meal at 'The Hungry Pancake' and then met, what was her name, Y/N? and decided you would try one last date?" Mugman said with a break in his voice.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner Mugs. But the past is in the past, so how do I look?"

I fixed my collar on my suit and adjusted my tie.

"Great." Mugman replied, sounding distracted. "Say, Cuphead?" I knew this was important because Mugsy only said my full name when he was nervous or thinking about something. "Why did you try to commit suicide?" Mugs said with tears welling up inside his eyes. I sighed. Him asking was inevitable, I just didn't think it would be so soon. To be honest, I didn't really have an answer. "You'll understand when you go through what I went through" I said. I didn't know how to answer. I don't know why I said that though, but still. To tell the truth, there are no words to describe how I felt about the situation except sadness, regret and shame. "Just tell me why!" Mugman screamed at me, bawling into his hands. I didn't know what to say, so I just hugged him. "Don't hug me!" Mug yelled. I quickly backed off. I didn't know what to do. I was thinking about becoming a doctor so I bought this cool knockout weapon that puts anybody to sleep for three hours with five shots and six hours with ten. I switched to the weapon, and aimed. "Cuphead? Cuphead!? CUPHEAD WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?" Mug screamed.

"Just trust me." I said in a monotone voice. One, two three, four, five shots came out.

•/*\• Mugman's POV •/*\•

"Cuphead? Cuphead!? CUPHEAD WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?" I screamed. Why was he pointing his finger gun at me? Had he lost his mind? "Just trust me." Cuphead said with no emotion. He started shooting me with, light purple shots? They didn't hurt but I didn't recognize them. After five shots I started to feel really tired. "cuphead? what did yo-" I managed to whisper out before my legs started to give out. I fell into Cuphead, and then I blacked out.

•/*\• Cuphead's POV •/*\•

Mugman fell into me and then passed out. Hopefully not for too long. I picked him up and carried him in a piggyback. I set him down in bed, tucked him in, and left for my first date with Y/N.