𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟒

"George!" I call after him, try and run for him but it feels like walking through jelly

"George!" I call after him, try and run for him but it feels like walking through jelly. He doesn't turn back, probably can't hear me. The music is so loud and I can't hear myself.

"Just leave him, Harper. Fucker's too good for you anyway," Blaze Reign tugs me back to him.

I rip my arm from his hold and turn to face him. "You don't get it! That's George! My George!" I think I'm crying now. There's something wet trailing down my face but it might be blood.

Blaze came over to me and Carter and offered us this pink cocaine shit. We took a bit each—me and Carter, not expecting to bump into George while I was still at the peak of my high.

Carter's still in the room we came from, a model in there giving him the time of his life. The coke was strong, unlike the normal stuff people give out in clubs but when a world-time famous rapper offers you drugs, you don't really turn it down. It's basically a huge sign saying you'll have the best night of your life except for me, it's gone tits up.

Blaze snatches a napkin from the bar and daps at my nose. "Your fucking dripping blood, Harper." He looks at me with horror. "Are you sure you're feeling alright?"

"Yeah," I wave him off. "I've taken that before." Which I have, just a long time ago and it wasn't a lot. Not near as much as I just snorted.

I throw myself down on the stall and give up on trying to get George to come back. Partially because I can't fucking walk and because I know I've pissed him off.

My legs feel like noodles, completely fucked and useless. My chest starts hurting a bit as I pull in deep breaths but that's a panic attack coming on—not the drugs. Blaze pushes some hair away from my face as I lay it on the cool glass of the bar top and let my nose run blood all over it.

"You just need a drink to calm down, you'll peak in a minute and feel fine." He orders me an ice water and holds my head up as I sip it through the straw. My throat is dry, the water running through me and settling uncomfortably in the pit of my stomach.

The strobe lights are slowly becoming more luminous and when I stand up, gripping the bar behind me, I feel as though I'm walking through a tunnel with big, neon lights on either side. Everything's louder, everything's brighter. It's a bit claustrophobic, though, feel like I can't breathe properly.

Holding my hands out in front of me, I try and push at either side of the invisible walls of light, trying to get through to a bigger space. It doesn't work, I'm stuck there.

Then I feel an arm around my neck, and everything becomes calm again because my lungs breathe in a familiar scent. It's Creed Aventus and George wears it all the time. But this can't be George beside me, he just walked off?

"Haysie!" A voice pelts in my ear and I turn to face whoever it is but I can't see anything. I've got tunnel vision, the only thing I'm able to see is blurred sticks of people and bright neon lights.