***Heartless***{02}

Monday was possibly the worst day of the week for teenagers. Being only 16, we were still in school, and it was Hell trying to wake up in the morning, get dressed, get a shower, eat breakfast, and make it onto the bus all before seven in the morning. How Jace managed to get onto the bus looking so awake was beyond me.

I sat in my usual seat (the very last one on the right; no one ever sat in front of or across from me, thank God) and was prepared to watch Jace sit with some girl, as usual, but to my surprise he kept walking until he was throwing my bag onto my lap and sitting down with a cup of coffee in hand.

“Morning,” he said cheerily, causing me to raise an eyebrow, “Coffee?”

I stared back before glancing to the cup, shaking my head. “Too early for coffee.” I mumbled. He snorted, shrugging and taking a drink of it. “Suit yourself.”

The rest of the ride was silent until a sophomore with bright orange hair sat across from us, eying Jace until he turned to her. “Morning Jace.” she smiled. I rolled my eyes and turned to the window as I noticed Jace smile back and mumble something like “Hey BB”.

They continued talking for a bit until the bus slowed down, pulling up to the school. Jace waited until 'BB' went out of her seat before smiling wider and following her, leaving me back in the seat, and being out of sight already when I managed to step off the bus. “Love you too Jace.” I sighed quietly to myself, walking to Homeroom.

Don't get me wrong, I love seeing Jace happy and pursuing people, it's just that, sometimes, I sort of wish that person was me. Not that it would ever happen, but... I can fantasize. Right?

That's I did in Art this morning while we were painting. I didn't even notice I had spaced out yet again until Jace had snorted, snatching my brush from me and glaring. I stared back in confusion, raising an eyebrow until he motioned to his arm, which had a long, dark blue streak going down it. I was silent for a moment, then started smiling and giggling. “Oh. Sorry.” I lied. He lost the glare, opting for a neutral expression while professionally dipping the brush into some red paint and grabbing my face to hold it still. I felt my eyes widen and tried to pry his hands off.

“Okay, Jace, sorry, really, I did- No! Bad Jace! Damn it!”

I felt him swipe the brush across the bridge of my nose and under both eyes as he squinted, concentrating before writing something on my left cheek. I glared at him when he finished, taking my brush back and sighing. “The difference being that I wasn't even paying attention you asshole.” I mumbled. He shrugged, smiling and looking at his 'work'. “I think it came out rather well, personally.”

I went to the bathroom at the end of second period to inspect my face with Jace, who was scrubbing his arm off. In big, bright red letters were the words 'JACE WAS HERE :D'

Part of me didn't want to wash it off. However, I wasn't sure Jace would appreciate it, so I set to taking some paper towels and scrubbing furiously, glaring at the mirror but more mad at myself than Jace. He took notice though, ducking his head. “Sorry Willow.” he mumbled. I looked over, snorting. “Yeah, sure you are.” I sighed. He smirked slightly, drying his arm off and taking the paper towel from me, holding my face again and gently wiping at it. “You're terrible at this.” he mumbled. I glared harder, crossing my arms. “Well sorry, I'm not used to being written on.” I replied as he took off my glasses, setting them on the counter of the sink and adding more soap before continuing. “True, but scrubbing like you're pissed off at the paint isn't really going to help. If anything it'll irritate your pale, delicate skin.” he said in a mocking tone, making me roll my eyes at him. “Don't worry, it's mostly off. Just this one spot next to your eye I can't get. Not noticeable though.” he said mostly to himself before throwing the towel away and handing my glasses to me, heading out of the bathroom and to second period. I stared into the mirror while putting my glasses back on, grabbing my bag and following Jace out into the hall.