Chapter 3.12

***

***

I'm not stupid, nor do I need to be babysat. I understand where my mates are coming from, even though I have no emotions I can still think and not rely entirely on instinct. I had one momentary laps in judgement that came along with the scent of Davina's blood. It was a shock to the system with how appealing the smell of fresh blood could be. And I couldn't control myself. That won't happen again.

But apparently no amount of explanations or arguments will change their minds on how unpredictable I can be—and not to mention dangerous. If I had feelings, that would have hurt. I guess that's another positive to flipping my switch. I don't have to worry about others feelings or thoughts on myself and my actions, which I did a lot of previously. And it prevented me from acting out a lot of my plans, which is now no longer a problem.

"Do you have it?" I ask impatiently through the speaker of the phone. Small grunts and the whooshing of fabric being moved hastily sounding from the other line.

"Yep. It was in a secret panel in her closet behind a rack of clothes." Tyler answers with a scoff through the static.

"Good. Now, hurry back. And don't you dare get caught." I warn him, flipping through the grimoire in front of me before hanging up without another word.

Apparently even rented apartments can keep a vampire at bay on the other side of a door, which is why I've had to use Tyler to do my dirty work instead of Viki or literally anyone else considering I'm being watched twenty four seven and banned from stepping foot out of Klaus' mansion. They say it's so they can train me and help control my animalistic urge around blood, but it's pretty obvious that they have an ulterior motive to try and turn my emotions back on. It's going wonderfully for them—cue sarcasm. I would hurt them if it weren't for the fact that I physically can't, at least not with the intention to. Stupid mate bond.

"What exactly is it you're scheming, little love?" Klaus asks from his place behind me on the couch. He's been softer with me, insufferably so, since the disaster that happened just hours ago. Making it a point to try and draw out my buried feelings for him. Although, he has been avoiding trying to piss me off which has earned him a few points considering Kol decided to take the much different approach earning a shoe thrown at his head in return once he freed himself from my paralysis spell.

Tilting my head, I allow him to touch me and brush his fingers through my hair as it relaxes me, and grace him with an answer. "I have a job to do, and now that I'm not plagued with feelings and depression I've had the headspace and time to complete my plans. I think it's time a certain Gemini sociopath is rescued from imprisonment. And hopefully, he can provide me more answers on my heritage."

"And this warlock is worth more alive than dead?" He asks with an innocent tilt to the head.

Giving him a fake smile, I stand from my position on the floor in front of the coffee table and turn to face the hybrid with the grimoire in hand. "Yes. Speaking of, where is your mothers body?"