LVII.

the last olympian

CAMP WENT LATE THAT SUMMER. It lasted two more weeks, right up to the start of a new school year, and Lucia had to admit they were the best two weeks of her life.

Everything seemed to be looking up. They didn't have an inevitable war hanging over their heads. Grover had taken over the satyr seekers and was sending them out across the world to find unclaimed half-bloods. So far, the gods had kept their promise. New demigods were popping up all over the place—not just in America, but in a lot of other countries as well. So many were arriving at camp that the Satyrs could barely keep up.

The Hermes cabin was a lot less crowded now because most of the unclaimed kids had received signs from their godly parents. It happened almost every night, and every night more demigods straggled over the property line with the satyr guides, usually with some nasty monsters pursuing them, but almost all of them made it through. Chiron even said he was expecting twice as many campers next summer.

Because of that, more and more cabins were being built daily. Everyone was helping and Lucia seemed to be the go-to when it came to lighting.

Nico even had some undead builders working on the Hades cabin. Even though he was still the only kid in it, it was coming out pretty cool: solid obsidian walls with a skull over the door and torches that burned with green fire twenty-four hours a day. When Lucia went to check on him she didn't miss the figurine of Hades sitting on his shelf.

Next to him were the cabins of Iris, Nemesis, Hecate, and several others Lucia didn't quite recognize yet. More and more campers poured in and Lucia was happy they all could have a space to call their own. They kept adding new stuff to the blueprints every day. It was going so well, Annabeth and Chiron were talking about adding an entirely new wing of cabins just so they could have enough room.

Tyson led a group of Cyclops builders. They were hoisting huge stones in place for the Hecate cabin, and Lucia knew it was a delicate job. Each stone was engraved with magical writing, and if they dropped one, it would either explode or turn everyone within half a mile into a tree. Lucia had to admit, It was hard to look at the cabin without feeling bitter, but she just hoped she'd never have to face the goddess again.

Lucia was making her way to the canoe lake. Where she knew Grover and Percy were. She stopped behind them and heard them talking.

"I'll be traveling a lot," Grover warned, "between protecting nature and finding half-bloods. I may not see you as much."

"Won't change anything," He said. "You're still my best friend."

"Annabeth?."

"Fine, one of my best friends." He laughed,

"and Lucia?" Grover grinned,

"That's different."

"Yeah," he agreed. "It sure is."

Lucia stepped forward. "You guys talking about me."  She hummed, skipping forward. "Only good things I hope."

Percy looked up and winked, "Always, Princess."

Grover teasingly gagged,

Lucia shoved him as she sat between the two, "Oh shush groverberry."

His goat eyes widened, "You said you wouldn't tell anyone about Juniper calling me that!"

Lucia snorted, she looked at her boyfriend. "Did I tell you that?"

Percy grinned and kissed her nose, "No no you did not."

"Percy!" Grover complained.

"She didn't!" He defended,