☮︎︎ PROLOGUE ☮︎︎

DECEMBER 30th, 1973

"WHY DO YOU HAVE TO GO, LINA?"

Angelina had to listen to her cousin ask her that heart wrenching question.

"I have to go see my people, Mary." She said, sadly. Rosemary was obviously hurt by this, but she knew what Angie meant.

After all, she was never meant to stay. She had parents, and a brother. She could never just leave them.

She had been in Los Angeles for about two years, because her uncle wanted to give her an internship at his agency. Two long years away from her family.

Now, she was going back home.

And that, was Point Place,

Wisconsin.

Also known as: Ye olde birth place of dairy products. That title alone was enough to set it apart from where Angelina lived now.

Clearly, it would be difficult to reacclimatize, but the motivation to reunite with her family was enough.

It had been so long, and she missed her family. John thought it would be best to move her back. After all, he had a daughter, and he could barely juggle the both of them.

"I'm gonna miss you too much.." Rosemary choked back a cry.
Angelina quickly scooped her cousin into a hug.

"I will never leave you, Mary." Angelina said. Although, it wasn't a statement, it was a promise.

I didn't mean physically, of course

That was enough to relieve Rosemary of her anxieties, and her face relaxed.

Even if She was only five months younger than her, she counted on Angelina, like she was her mother.

"We're gonna miss you, carrot-top." John chuckled as he took his honorary eldest into an embrace. Angelina groaned at the nickname.

"Real mature, Johnny." She teased, with his nickname she gave him oh-so affectionately. John only chuckled as he kissed his niece gingerly on the forehead.

Angelina couldn't help but ruin the moment herself by looking back at her family. They both looked back at her, gloomily, however, John was trying his best to keep his composure. Angelina smiled, before hastening her pace to envelop her honorary sister and her uncle into a hug, which wasn't difficult, with the fact that she was very lanky.

"Jeez! We get it, you love us!" John joked, causing Angelina to let go and punch him in the shoulder.

"No duh! I'm going to be gone, I have to make you guys think I'm gonna miss you!" Angelina teased. Rosemary clutched her heart, mouth agape.

"I can't believe I just heard you say 'I care'." Rosemary chuckled. Angelina rolled his eyes playfully as she pushed her cousin lightly.

That was extremely ironic, seeing as how Angelina was by the far the most emotional Forman in existence.

The moment was sadly interrupted when they all heard the honk of a car horn, which led to looking in the direction of a sleek black limousine. Rosemary's eyes widened in disbelief.

"That's what you're taking?! Hell, get going!!" She pushed her older cousin towards the car.

Angelina only laughed, as she walked towards the vehicle.

She gave her family one last look, where they had said everything they needed to say wordlessly.

And then she got in the car.