Chapter 1

Sasha was used to being looked at whenever she went to a Rose & Thorn location. She wouldn't have worn the outfits she did if she didn't want to attract notice: nearly see-through dresses, peek-a-boo chain shirts, tiny skirts—all usually with nothing underneath. The attention was part of the fun for her, especially since she often didn't find anyone she was interested in. If she happened to luck out, then she didn't have to play around: it was so easy to push up a skirt and fuck against a wall, the way she used to when she was younger and on the indie circuit.

Younger. She laughed to herself as she thought of it. She wasn't even thirty yet, and she had already accomplished so much. Sometimes she had to stop and remember to be grateful, to realize how far she had come in so short a time, especially when she had friends like Becky, who had been forced to put her wrestling career on hold for seven years due to injury.

Sasha was still scanning the crowd when she saw a man heading towards her. He was definitely not her type, so she ventured on, hoping he would take the hint. Maybe don't be so hasty, she admonished herself. It wasn't exactly like she was spoiled for choice. No one in the lounge areas had caught her attention, so she had started moving along to the specialty rooms, avoiding the poly wing out of habit: her husband had consented to her Rose & Thorn membership—that was part of the club's rules—but between themselves they had agreed that she would only have one partner at a time.

This particular location was more opulent than most, a former manor house in the English countryside. It meant getting there had been more difficult than normal—most Rose & Thorn clubs were in the heart of cities, making them easy both to access and disguise—and most patrons spent the night out of convenience. Sasha already had a room booked and wasn't opposed to sharing it—if she could find someone who struck her fancy—so, with a sigh, she headed to what was often called 'the infidelity wing', meant to cater to married patrons who wanted it to be very clear that they were at the club for sex and nothing more. Relationships could arise from Rose & Thorn hook-ups, but Sasha knew it could also result in mixed signals. She might not have been wearing her wedding ring—a habit from so much time spent in the ring or working out—but she had no intentions of seeking out anything but sex.

That wing was even quieter than some of the lounges and Sasha was just about to turn around and try yet another space when a familiar-looking tattoo caught her eye. "Roman?" A woman was just starting to approach him and she glared at Sasha when he turned, but Sasha ignored her and sauntered over. "Fancy meeting you here."

"More like My wife's at home with two sets of twins and doesn't mind me working off some energy while I'm on the road, as long as I'm smart about it," Roman grinned. His attire wasn't that different from what he wore in the ring—simple black pants and boots—but the context gave it an edge that made Sasha's imagination go in a dozen different directions. "How about you?"

"Just looking to stretch some muscles, scratch some itches. You know how it is." Sasha noticed his gaze drifting down and smiled. It wasn't like her ring attire left much to the imagination to begin with, but she still enjoyed the appreciation. She glanced around the room quickly, but didn't see anyone who piqued her interest. Some people were shooting them jealous looks, others interested ones. "But I think if we don't want to start fielding requests for a threesome, we should probably move along if we're going to chat. Unless you're waiting for someone...?" She certainly hoped not, which surprised her. Roman had always been nice enough to her backstage and he was certainly gorgeous, but they hadn't ever had much to do with each other. Out of The Shield, she had always been closest to Seth.

Roman shook his head and offered her his arm. "No one in particular. You?"

"Same. This is the first time I've been to a Rose & Thorn in England." Sasha slid her arm around his and let him lead her out of the lounge. She hadn't been expecting to see him at the club, but it was a pleasant surprise. She knew quite a few wrestlers had a membership, especially the ones who were married or in committed relationships, since it was preferable to random hook-ups on the road. Part of her had always felt a bit awkward, though, since her spouse was often on the road with WWE as well. "I know we're supposed to keep personal stuff out of Rose & Thorn business," she began slowly, "but how does Galina feel about this? I mean, I know she must have agreed, but she also comes to wrestling functions pretty often. Does she feel... awkward at all, knowing that other people know you're going to a sex club?"