Chapter 2

Roman told himself he was watching Sasha walk to the manor house to see if she was as sore as she claimed, but that wasn't entirely true. She had a great ass and watching the delicate network of chains slide back and forth across it with each step, each sway of her hips, was a thing of beauty too. She must have felt him staring, because she turned daintily and started walking backwards. "Are you staring at my ass?" she asked with a laugh.

"Yeah. Who wouldn't?" he replied. He was carrying his boots in one hand and her shoes in the other, but the urge to drop them all, grab Sasha, and step into the big fountain was hard to resist. She must have sensed that too, because she hooked her arm with his and walked faster.

Sasha stopped just outside the manor house door. "Wait. Where's your room card?" she asked. "I know I'm relinquishing my room, but we'll need to get into yours and your hands are busy."

Roman held her shoes out to her. "You could carry yours if you wanted to."

Grinning, she shook her head and went down to her knees. "I remember you mentioning something about pockets...." She slid her hands up his legs slowly, pausing each time she came across a pocket. Her fingers weren't anywhere near his crotch, but Roman still felt his breath speed up. "Ah. There." She took her time unbuttoning the pocket and pulling out his card.

"You're lucky we're outside," Roman said, shaking his head as Sasha straightened up and held the door open for him.

She gestured back to the private gardens. Rose & Thorn had a strict cleaning policy, but the private gardens were so in demand that there were people almost lining up to get access as soon as one was vacated. "I thought I was pretty lucky outside...."

"Touche." Then Roman stopped just in front of her and leaned in close. "Then consider yourself lucky that I have my hands full, because otherwise I might have picked you up and put you in the fountain."

Sasha's smile didn't waver. "Your suite must have a shower," she replied. "Will that do, or are fountains part of the kink for you?"

Roman shook his head. "You're just waiting for me to make some sort of cliche comment about getting you wet, aren't you?" He continued across the threshold and headed for the small information desk off to the side, nestled in what had probably been a pantry at one point. "Hi. We'd like to cancel a room, please. Can we do it here or do we have to go to the main desk?"

Most of the Rose & Thorn staff were notable for their general attractiveness and unflappable neutrality, but this one raised his eyebrows. "I'm sorry to hear that, sir. Has there been a problem?"

Sasha came up to his side quickly, handing over her card. "No, no problem at all. We'll just be sharing a room, so we thought we'd free one up. I heard they were at a premium here."

The clerk breathed a sigh of relief, and Roman imagined it was two-fold: not only would he be able to make a waiting customer happy, he also didn't have to deal with an annoyed Roman. "Thank you for your consideration. Yes, we have a waiting list," the clerk confirmed, peering at his screen, "so someone will be very happy. Since we can rebook the room immediately, there will be no penalty." He scanned the card and took a moment to read his screen. "And this was the only card linked to that particular suite, correct?"

Nodding, Sasha took her shoes from Roman. "Yes. I'll need to get access for the new room, though."

"Of course. May I have your card, sir?" The clerk took Roman's card and went through a flurry of card swiping and keystrokes. "Okay. Now both keys have access to 120, and your access to your respective lockers has not been affected. Thank you again for informing us about the room. We appreciate your consideration. Is there anything else I can help you with?