Naruto and Sasuke: Friends or Foes

__________________

Getting up was the hardest part of the day after falling asleep. Sakura yawned as she walked up the staircase towards her class. Today they're going to be sorted into teams of three. The possibility of her ending up on a team consisting of people she dislikes was painfully high for Sakura dislikes everyone in her class with only a handful of them being exceptions. Opening the door to the classroom Sakura frowned as she saw Ino blocking her path.

"Well if it isn't billboard brow~"

The ever-increasing prayers of not having to hear the teasing voice of Ino Yamanaka the first thing each morning being denied affirmed Sakura's belief in the fact that God is a fictional being born out of human desperation.

"Ugh, Ino-boar." Sakura made a face of disgust.

Both girls stood with their heads held up high as they engaged in what was a regular staring contest. That is before the roasting session starts.

"If you think Sasuke is into whore style I feel sorry for your poor judgment." Ino sneered.

"If you think he is into bitches you have another thing coming because news flash he isn't," Sakura replied with the same amount of animosity. The class dismissed their exchange as a usual occurrence.

"Well if you think that copying my hairstyle will do wonders for that nest-"

"Haruno-san. Ino-san." Hinata's voice punctured through Ino's heated comeback. "Please take your seats both of you." Her voice was kind yet firm, a stark difference from the last time she had intervened in their argument.

In Sakura's humble and unbiased opinion, Iruka-sensei made a decent decision by making the Hyūga girl the class president. It gave her a sense of purpose and confidence that she had lacked prior.

Both girls looked down at the short-haired girl standing at the teacher's podium.

Ino moved past Sakura bumping into her intentionally as she took her place near Sasuke. (and slightly away from Naruto.) Rolling her eyes at Ino's attitude Sakura sat down at the nearest seat which was next to Shikamaru.

Sakura did not like Shikamaru for the simple petty reason that he was better than her at something. Shikamaru, personally, regrets beating her at Shogi in the last festival. Women. You can never please them.

"I will be standing in for Iruka-sensei and announce the teams."

Curious murmurs spread at that announcement. Thank god for Naruto as he quelled the raging curiosity by outwardly asking, "Is Iruka-sensei okay!?" he sounded worried, and Sakura noted with interest, guilty as well.

Hinata gave a tiny smile as she replied, "Y-Yes Naruto-kun. Don't worry. He just needed a little rest after the mission he undertook yesterday." Naruto sat back sighing with relief.

As if that wasn't suspicious behavior at all. Nope.

"Okay, I shall be announcing the teams so Please settle down!" Hinata raised her voice slightly, "Team one...."

Sakura zoned out, not bothering to know who ended up where until she heard her name being called out.

"Sakura Haruno." the slight pause in Hinata's voice gave Sakura an idea of who the next member of team seven might be. And she is proven correct after a millisecond as Hinata disclosed the remaining members.

"Naruto Uzumaki and Sasuke Uchiha!" Naruto's little celebration told Sakura he was glad to be on a team with her and his mourning fest as he heard the next member tells her that he wasn't completely happy with how this turned out.