21

Silence filled Darnel , how the hell was he supposed to not fill terrible by that , she loved it but she regrets it

" I...." Darnel bit his tongue , he didn't know what to exactly say .

" the reason why u regret is because you are my bestfriend's fiance , you are like my mother's son " she seemed to want to say more but she stopped there .

" I guess I will always second Marieh, you always find a way putting her between us " Darnel sadly said .
Tears rolled out of Babi's eyes at his statement.

"Then and now today , my arranged engagement is still the problem , " Darnel sadly added.

He has really tried his level best to explain how there is nothing between them and never will they able be , he didn't decide to be engaged to her but somehow it still follows and haunts him .

" I just want to be first priority in your life and decisions like you are to me " Darnel added.

Babi cried down heavily she hating that her emotions are hurting  to him .

" I am sorry, I can't help feel the way I do " Babi cried .

Darnel remained quiet, he was really in pain and confused of how to blame, its not him but him as the problem .. he knows where she comes from but help her feel any better now that all can't be reversed.

He can't apologise either cause she doesn't want his apology too.
Darnel moved closer to her , gently rested his fingers on her face cleaning her tears .

" I am sorry I am engaged to Marieh " Darnel painfully said

His apology was not helping, it's then that she realises that maybe his engagement is not the problem , her love feelings for him are the problem, she wants him to be hers , to feel the some as she does, at least wanted to lose her vaginity to someone who truly loves her not one who considers her a best friend, his engagement is an excuse .

" Darnel.." she grabbed her hand as he stood up to give her space.

" as much as you might not believe or see it, you are my priority most of the times " she sobbed

" and most times like today I use your engagement as an excuse instead of admitting my insecurities and over thinking " she added in sobs .

" it's those insecurities and overthinking that I need to know Sky , I don't mind listening ,never did " Darnel softly said .

" right now, I can't give you a proper answet to why am this emotional and please don't blame yourself " Babi requested.

Darnel bit his jaws , this going to be another thing Babi is hiding from him

" I won't if you save my curious mind " Darnel said .

" hmmm" Babi responded

" I know you like someone, why did you choose to have ....." he bit his tongue stopping in the way,
as much as he wants to know why she slept with him first not the guy she says she likes , that's not exactly the most important that he wanted to know cause honestly he kinda likes it this way , to be her first guy thst she had sex with .

" who is that person that you like " he asked , it has bugged him for long . He set eyes on her face , her eyes have been shut since .
Babi remained silent

" if you can't tell who then please don't be with him ,if possible stop liking him as well " Darnel pleaded.

Babi remained silent heavily breathing out . There is no answer to that plea and he doesn't really understand how heavy that is when he is the secret guy she talks about .