ten

Andin looked up as Sebastian left his office, shoving his phone and wallet into his pocket. Without even looking, she knew where he was probably heading. She refrained from sighing. It did not take a genius to know that her boss was on his way to meet his lover, London Star. Every day it was the same. The phone call he had received before lunchtime would determine who he would be spending his lunchtime with. Either his family (either his older brother, Thornton, his youngest sister, Clarabelle, or on a rather rare occasion, his mother) or his most recent lover. Most of the time, it was the latter.

Since evidently, London had called merely fifteen minutes ago, it had been determined that he would be spending his lunchtime with her. And if she was right, they were probably going to go to a restaurant in a five-star hotel around the area and once the lunch was concluded, they would retreat to a suite and ravish each other for desserts.

"I'm going for lunch." He looked over the contract he had given her to review on her desk, and a faint frown crossed his face. "Do make sure to take a break, Miss Williams."

Andin could not help but smile. This was not the first time that he had said that to her, and it likely would not be the last. "Yes, Sir," she replied before focusing back on her work.

Once he was gone disappearing through the doors, she took a moment to breathe and leaned back in her chair. He had not made any moves despite what had happened last week at his party and it left her feeling unsure and anxious. It was as if she was waiting for the proverbial shoe to drop.

Sebastian had continued to be polite and friendly, not quite managing the formal professionalism he was likely going for, but smartly stepping behind a line that he seemed to have drawn between us. She was not sure what was on his mind but again, she could hardly read him. He was one of the hardest men to read and perhaps that was one of the reasons why he was a good businessman. He never allowed his opponent (or in this matter, anyone, really) to guess what he was thinking or planning on doing.

Andin took her purse from the first drawer and rose from her seat. She could hardly sleep last night, knowing fully well that she had to meet Leroy today. Her stomach churned and she felt uncomfortable even though she was yet to face him. Trying to calm herself down, Andin took a sip of her lukewarm tea and massaged the bridge of her nose.

She briefly closed her eyes and had to reopen them when a notification on her computer pinged. Sebastian may have not realized it, but one of the reasons why she did not always take her breaks was because there was just so much work to do. Summers Entertainment had so many lines of business including movie adaptation, TV series production, talent management, modeling agency, and so many more. It did not only focus on one thing and over the years, but it also kept on expanding. Therefore everyone wanted her boss for something, but not all of those email correspondences made it directly to him. Many questions and problems were things that Andin could settle in order to clear Sebastian's time for far more important issues that came with running the company. And that was only on the company front alone, other than that she was also arranging events and organizing his calendar. On other occasions, he even asked her to do something she did not find any pleasure in such as firing people or worse, booking hotel rooms for his love trysts.

The workload could be hard sometimes but Andin enjoyed the challenge. She knew she was good at what she did and on top of that, she knew her boss relied on her far more than he was willing to admit to, and there was definitely something heady about the fact that a man worth billions of dollars needed to come to her whenever he had a problem that he could not solve or needed her opinion on.

Sadly this all would come to an end once her last day came in three months' time. Andin shook the sorrowful thoughts away and scanned the email that had just come in. It was from the hotel informing me that there were only two rooms left with a shared bathroom. "The universe is trying to punish me for that resignation letter, I am sure of it," muttered Andin under her breath as she quickly typed her reply, then hit send.