02. White Shirt Memorabilia

PARDON THE MISTAKES <3

(About 1 year and 3 months ago, Mason's Home)

~Evelyn~

I've been sitting here for a long time now, my legs that were stuck in an Indian style sitting position are now completely numb. I slowly straighten them and almost instantly I felt the tingling sensation of my legs coming back from the dead.

I close my eyes and pursed my lips, trying really hard to ignore the sudden urge to giggle, make a funny noise or say something stupid.

I pop down my favourite book, Nancy Drew and the Ringmaster's Secret, right next to me and place my hands on my legs. I push down and firmly add pressure in an attempt to numb and hush myself from whatever ungodly word or noise that may come out of my mouth.

~Mason~

I stood next to Mum as she prepared lunch. Evelyn came over today, I was so happy to see those bright, beautiful eyes that you just can't look away from.

Evelyn is a mixed beauty. I didn't care which ethnicity she was from or what faith she believed in. I love my girlfriend for who she is not what she is, I'll stick by her side no matter what she chooses.

We've been best friends since kinder. I only just mustered the courage to ask her out when we started high school about 4 years ago. I guess you could say that we are practically inseparable.

I remember the first time she came over, the first time I saw her, the day we met.

We were about 5 then. I remember she wore a little white dress that flared out from the waist down to about a few inches above her knee and she had a flower crown that was embellished with pink and white artificial flowers, a little polyester vine that encircled the elastic band and little pearls that were scattered throughout it. She looked like a fairy. She was so magical and breath-taking.

But she the natural beauty quickly transformed into an horrifying ogre and told me I had to "face her mighty wrath" because I had tricked her into walking on Lego blocks barefoot.

"I can really tell that you're head over heels for that girl" My mum mused, her obvious statement pulling me from my thoughts.

I smiled wide as soon as my brain registered what she had said.
"She's my one and only Mama" I coed as I lost myself in my thoughts again.

She chuckled and turned to my older brother who was trotting down the stairs. "Jake can you please go fetch Evelyn from the barn? Lover boy here is too busy swimming around his mind" she jerked her head towards my frozen figure.

I had my back to Jake, my arms were crossed and I was looking out the window. I could see the amusing sight of Evelyn in an awkward state. Maybe her legs fell asleep again.

After a period of silence, he just let out a grunt and walked off, slamming the door behind him. I guess he's still mad.

Just then my hair was pulled and the sudden jerk of my head had woken me from my deep thinking.

"Now why don't you help me set the table" a mischievous grin formed on my mother's face. I chuckled and nodded and went to gather the plates and silverware.

~Jake~

""Mason is such an brainless, idiotic and pathetic little piece of shiz. I'll show him not to fool around with me.

No one and I mean no one ruins my reputation as quarterback. I practically had girls begging at my feet.

Thanks to him and his little stunt during homecoming, they now avoid me. He's made a fool out of me.""