chapter 2: Nine years later

The campus was bustling with excitement as students entered with their luggage in hand. It had been two months since their college had gone on it's summer break.

Friends greeted each other with high-fives, young couples re-united with kisses. Teachers  welcomed their students warmly as the new session began. Everyone was happy.

All but one!

" Psst... Hey! Isn't that the guy from class A?", A person whispered to his friend as a teenager passed by them.

" Damn! You're right.", His friend nodded his head as he whispered back." I heard that he stayed in school during the summer break because his parents didn't want him home."

" Of course! Would you want a murderer in your home. I heard he murdered the son of a very big figure, but the local government didn't let people know who this big figure is."

" He sure is dangerous.", Another person chipped in as everyone in the hallway looked towards the boy.

The boy had a blank look as he walked down the hall. It was as if he hadn't heard any of the negative rumors about  him.

He had black hair that covered over his eyes so no one could see his black soulless eyes.

This boy was Kori.

Walking into the lecture theatre, he went to the back  and took a seat on the last row. He lay down his head on the desk as he began to reminisce about the past.

Ever since the accident nine years ago, life had never been the same for Kori. Alan and Muien had unfortunately lost their lives while the heartbroken Mrs Ziri  had pressed legal charges.

Due to his actions, his parents business had gone down and even his parents despised him. He was alone and had no one to rely on.

Luckily, he was a prodigy in Rune Language and Alchemy. He was pardoned as innocent due to accidental circumstances and after working hard, he was able to get a scholarship to any academy of his choice.

There were no academies that taught runes on earth due to certain circumstances but there were lots of academies that taught alchemy.
    Which led him to attend this university, The Leeds Alchemical academy, the best college at teaching Alchemy on earth.

Unluckily for him, he was chastised as soon as he got there and branded as a murderer. He had been living a lonely life in the academy ever since.

"Whatever... might as well drown out my depression with some cheese puffs ", Kori sighed as he brought out the snack from his back.

Stuffing his hand into the packet, he brought out the orange chessy puffs that stained his hand in the process and began munching on them happily.

For some reason, he always found solace on these cheesy snacks.

"Mr. Seer, There shall be no snacking in today's class ." The lecturer , Mr. Fordnand sternly said ." Please put those away"

Kori did as he was told while Mr. Fordnand continued.

"Alright! class," He quietened the noisy students. "Today, We have a guest speaker with us, who will tell us some important information."

Everybody kept quiet as a man in military uniform walked in. He had a low cut with a well-cut thick beard.

"Hello Guys! My name is seargant rowden ", He said with a gruff voice. "And, before I go into the main part of this talk I'd like to tell you about humanity's situation.

Sergant Rowden took a deep breath before he continued. "If you didn't already know, It has been four centuries since the end of the information era. Now, we humans have entered what we call the Eden era."