Back to School

Jace POV
School. Is. Back! Yes! This time I'm no longer going to a baby school anymore. I'm in middle school now! I'll see my friends, new classes, also meeting girls. But first going back to school means I need to make a good impression. My dark blue alarm clock buzzed on my nightstand. I yawned and stretched before rolling out of bed. "Get up! Time for school!" I heard Mom outside my door. She opened and breathed a breath of relief. "Good. You're up." She said. I shrugged and chuckled. "Why wouldn't I be?" I asked. She hummed in response. "I was expecting some whining and throwing pillows, saying 'no!' 'Two more minutes Mom!' 'Three minutes please!'." She said, smirking. I playfully rolled my eyes and smiled. "Mom, it's my first day of middle school! I can't be late nor make a bad impression today! If you excuse me, I need to make a beeline for the treeline." I said. I grabbed my toothbrush and rushed out of the room. She chuckled. "Alrighty then." She mumbled.

Washed my face? Check. Brushed my teeth? Check. Showered? Check. Dressed? Check. Combed my hair? Oops! I grabbed my hairbrush off my dresser and combed my hair throughly. My backpack was on my bed. I'm happy I made it to the bathroom before Bella or Breanna. Especially Dad taking me to get a haircut payed off. I'm even handsomer than ever. Also we don't have any homework since it's just the first day! Double bonus! Someone playfully knocked while the door's opened. I turned, seeing Dad. He smiled. "Hey little man. You ready?" He asked. "Wait for it..." I trailed off. I finished brushing and looked at myself in the mirror. Perfect! "Ready." I answered, smiling. He whistled. "Look at you! Son, you're killing it!" He joked but in a serious tone. I smirked. "And you know it pops." I said. He huffed. "Jace, we talked about this. Don't call me that." He said a bit shyly. I smiled sheepishly while wrapping my backpack around my shoulders. "Sorry." I said. He nodded as we walked downstairs. That delicious eggs and sausages smell was all over the living room when we got to the dinner table. Two plates were filled of eggs with sausages. Mom smiled. "Sit and eat sweet." She told me. The girls were already eating. I sat on the chair and grabbed a fork. Breanna smiled excitingly. "I'm so excited for middle school! Can't wait to meet new kids!" She beamed. Dad looked at her in awe. "That's great! Happy to see your friends again?" He asked. We nodded. I then watched Bella play with her eggs sadly. What's wrong with her? "Bella?" I called. She looked up confusedly. "Are you ok?" I asked. "Yeah, what's wrong?" Mom asked concernedly. Bella inhaled a deep breath and shrugged. "First day jitters. That's all." She partially lied. It's obvious she is nervous about people knowing she's their daughter. Including the fact she sings. "Would it be because of kids knowing you're Mom and Dad's kid?" Breanna blurted. I rolled my eyes annoyedly. A habit Breanna has is not shutting up once in a while. Unfortunately, she couldn't today. Mom sighed. "Breanna...." She trailed off. She nodded her head no. "No it's fine Mom. Yes. I'm a little nervous but even more nervous about people knowing I sing. That they'll tease me in the hallways, whispers behind me and talk trash about my voice." She admitted. I rubbed her shoulder comfortingly. "Cmon Bels, that won't happen. Your voice sounds awesome. It doesn't matter what they think. Right Mom?" I assured. She nodded in agreement and smiled. "Yeah! Besides it's only the first day. You're all just meeting teachers, new kids and new classes." She said. Bella inhaled a deep breath and playfully shook the nervousness off her hands. "Maybe you're right. Nothing huge or crazy. Just meeting familiar and new faces." She said, smiling. "And you can always talk to us if anything's wrong or whatever happens." Dad added. She lightly groaned. "Why don't you have security follow me around?" She whined. Me and Breanna low-key snickered. Dad laughed. "You know they have to take you to school. Not from." He spoke. Mom giggled. "Don't waste time. You're already registered for a new year." She told us. I finished half my plate because I was really full. Someone's phone buzzed. Dad picked it up and stared at it. "Oh. Bernard's here!" He said. We got off the table and grabbed our backpacks. They hugged each of us and kissed our foreheads. "Bye! Have an awesome day! Do your best." Mom encouraged. "Don't do anything stupid." Dad said. I was confused until their attention diverted to Bella. She huffed, rolling her eyes. I chuckled. "Took your medicine?" Mom asked. She nodded. We said goodbye as we got inside the Rover with Bernard.

Bella POV
Once Bernard dropped me off, he smiled nicely. "Have a great day." He said. I returned the gesture and nodded. "Thanks." I said. He waved and drove off. I walked inside the school. A few kids saw me but smiled while whispering. Some walked pass me and waved nicely. A freckled faced-girl with two auburn braids walked up to me. "Bella! I love your song! Are you gonna make an album?!" She squealed. I slightly gulped nervously. "Uh...uh..." I trailed off. Another girl came up to me with blue highlights in her hair and striking brown eyes. "Your voice is incredible Bella! Are you ever gonna do a duet with Billie Eilish? Or Justin?" She asked randomly. "Well...I- I was cut off when Aubree and Kaylee walked up to us. Thank god! "Alright! Alright! Back away. No more questions. Bella needs to start her first day and needs breathing." Kaylee said, raising an eyebrow at the last part. They huffed and walked away. I cleared my throat. "May I ask what the hell's going on?" I asked. A few guys put up peace signs and smiled. "Whoo! You rock Bella!" One of them complimented. I returned the gesture shyly. Aubree cheered. "Because your song is trending!" She told me. Kaylee nodded in agreement. "Yeah, ever check your feed? You must have a billion followers." She said. I pulled out my phone and checked my feed. My jaw dropped. Oh shit! 16million followers?! Got to be shitting me! I facepalmed. "This is crazy!" I managed to say. My song was getting popular but I clearly didn't know how widely popular it was getting. More people were beginning to hear it often. Even the effect of being Lizzy and Bryce's daughter brought more smiles, whispers, questions including stares from anybody in school. It still slightly makes me a bit nervous because...I'm just like them and even people could be rude or mean about it. Aubree smiled. "Isn't this amazing? Not only you're Lizzy's daughter but you're an artist!" She beamed. Kaylee laughed. "Chill out Bree. She's only sixteen with a dream." She joked. I inhaled a deep breath. "Exactly. I didn't know how wide this'll be." I admitted. She rubbed my shoulder and nodded in understanding. "Just take deep breaths. Take it all in. Sometimes it can be overwhelming. But people hearing your song like you always wanted and smile whenever they hear it is a good thing. Ok?" She advised. God bless my selfless cousin. Besides Sybil, she always know what to say. "What she said." Aubree agreed. I opened my locker and switched my Math stuff with my Photography ones since it's the first new class I got. Aubree breathed a breath of relief. "Same class here." She told me. I nodded. Soon the bell ranged. Surprisingly, half of the classroom left a front chair for me to sit with the girls seated left and right.

Breanna POV
Going through the first day was simply fun! I've still had my friends and met two new girls. We've met new teachers, new classes like Mom said. The outrageous fun came from being allowed to talk in class with everyone after going over class schedules. I wanted to decorate my new locker so I put up my small JoJo Siwa wallpaper, girly stickers including my jacket. A few twelve year old girls complimented my outfit and practically gushed over the fact my Dad is Bryce Dunham during lunch. Overall, I've really had so much fun today and made a great impression. School was soon to be over early around 1pm. The whole class rushed to their lockers. Jace had a different homeroom across from mine. I opened the locker and put on my jacket before putting my things in my backpack. "Finally! We're in middle school! We're no longer babies. Young adults." Alice said, smiling. She's been my friend since I was seven. She was about my height, dark straightened hair, brown doe eyes and obviously loved Justice fashion like me. I smirked. "Yup! I'm so relieved Jace hasn't made any baby jokes about me anymore." I joked but in a serious tone. Like seriously, it was highly irritating. He was irritating. Alice rolled her eyes and smiled. "Why must you two bicker? You two bicker more than Phoebe and Max." She said, referring to the Thunderman siblings. My eyes diverted to him doing this 'slapjack' game with his friends near his locker. I put two fingers and raised an eyebrow. "Two words. Smarter. Dumber." I said, referring him as the second word. She scoffed while shifting her backpack on her back. "If he's dumber, why is his Pre-K IQ 300?" She asked. I hummed in response while tapping my chin. "Always wonder why." I said sarcastically. Alice couldn't help but chuckle. Parents were coming in to pick up anyone. Her mom waited near the doorway, waving. I returned the gesture. She hugged me. I hugged back. "Bye Al!" I said. "Bye Bree!" She said. We parted. Jace walked up to me and ruffled my hair. Hated when he does that. I smacked his hand lightly. "Stop that!" I growled. He smiled amusedly. "Bernard's here." He told me. We walked to the entry where he was patiently waiting.