10

"I assume you know how these work, I have read your file,"  Hotchner spoke. "Mostly," I nodded, "Clearly didn't know the whole affection thing," I rolled my eyes at myself and for the first time I think I saw a faint smile. 

"All I want you too do is focus on what I'm saying and think back to that night, even the smallest things can matter," Hotch's voice was soothing as he spoke, I shut my eyes and did as he asked. It was weird, the more he spoke the more I felt like I was really there. "What song was playing?" he asked. I told him it was an R&B song that I never really liked. He asked me if I could see Leighanne and I could she was dancing, she had the shorts dress on but she thought it looked cute. I looked around again, telling him that most people were watching her, my dad and Catherine were watching. But it looked like Catherine was almost watching my dad watch at some points. Their expressions were similar, both staring deeply at Leighanne. "Where is your cake?" he asked me. I try and look around again. "It's on the bar, but it's already been cut, there's no knife there," I scrunch my face, trying to remember further. "Alex, someone in that room has that knife," he tells me. 

My concentration is broken by his smooth voice entering the room, "Hotch, you need to see this," he looks at me deeply, waiting for his boss to join him outside. Im left in the room, thinking about what I saw in my own mind. Catherine had always liked Leighanne, Leighanne would always say that we were like the sisters she never had. Catherine would always help her dress, help her when her zipper got stuck in the dressing rooms and I couldn't be bothered to go in. She was always there for Leighanne. 

The door opened once again, "Alex, another girl has been murdered, the same MO," Hotch burst in the room, laying the pictures down. "Sarah Smith," Spencer spoke and it was like slow motion in my ears as I lost my breathe, my throat dry as I struggled to swallow. Hotch looked at Spencer.

"I think I know who killed her, who killed them all,"