1

(Season 3, Episode 1)

I should of listened to Anna. 

I should have taken her seriously when she told me about our father's plan to form an alpha pack. However, I distinctively remember laughing in my now dead sister's face when she told me. If I could go back in time, I would shake that sixteen year old girl so hard and tell her to stop it. Of course, I was dealing with my own troubles and worries. Mainly all of them centring around Derek, the one who killed my sister. My mate ...its hard not to crack at the thought of him. 

Sometimes in my darkest moments I wonder because I marked him if he can feel my pain when I think of him. Even from across the country, he's bound to. Or if because I use anger to stay in control, if he's adapted to that too because its almost always how I'm feeling. In turn, it's what he would feel because he can always feel me. Suppose its easier to cope, not ever knowing how he's feeling. A blessing, one that is starting to feel like a curse.

I guess my life wouldn't be so miserable if I'd listened to Anna that night. Father was more than successful in creating his alpha pack. As soon as Deucalion had killed off his pack father wasted no time in recruiting Ennis to do the same to his. For Ennis to then suggest the idea of an alpha pack to Decalion. It was successful, however most alphas chose to die with their packs over joining the alpha pack. Pride and well, packs are sacred and at the very heart they're family. So its no wonder why almost all of Tahlia's sworn packs chose to die with their own. One pack from her sworn allies was the exception.

Kali. I shouldn't have been suprised. The reason Alec hadn't found his mate past the age of twenty-one was because she was sworn to Tahlia. Something we all suspected, a mate previously sworn to them wasn't uncommon. She was never around Alec to recognise him. And like all the other packs in America she was given the choice. Kill your own and join the alpha pack or die with them. She chose to kill, to join the pack...to join Alec. 

So it went, hundreds of packs in America and almost all of them chose to die. Father didn't care either way. If they died, he gained their power. If they joined, it made his alpha pack stronger. Once all the packs were delt with, father took it upon himself to kill Deucalion. Who at that point was very powerful. But so was father. Once Deucalion fell, father took on the alpha role in the alpha pack. 

Like a switch being flipped Alec's eyes shone red, the new alpha of the Wood pack. It meant father didn't have to kill his own pack to join the alpha pack. He just merely cut off the head of the snake and a new one had grown back. Its not like you can live without your mate, this way father never had to kill mother. Alec and Kali could remain together, both alphas and yet slightly seperated in packs. Needless to say I didn't hesitate in submitting to Alec. It was all perfectly planned. With thousands of wolves' blood on my fathers hands.

****

(Abandoned Wharehouse Somewhere)

I bit my lip in annoyance. "Remember Derek has to kill him, not you".

Alec shook his head as he wiped his bloody claws on his white shirt. He'd assumed the role of alpha to the world's most presteigous pack well. Even having made a reputation as one of the best defence attorney's money could buy. "I can't believe he wants him for the pack".

Isaac, brusied and covered in blood was passed out before the two siblings. Infact his neck was covered in blood, courtesy of Alec having just stolen his memories of the past four months. 

I sighed and watched as Alec's eyebrow ticked. "Don't tell me you actually want him to join too. The Hale who killed Anna".

He shook his head at me. "Its not about want, its about need!".