2

****

"I remember you, you know".

I huffed a sigh as I watched Cora from the opposite side of the vault door. Vernon or 'Boyd' as he liked to be called was fast asleep next to her. "You should rest, big night tomorrow".

She scoffed. "Really? We were apart of the same pack onc-"

I rolled my eyes. "For about a month. It doesn't mean anything".

She bit her lip and glared at me. "So what's the plan?. I kill Boyd, Derek kills me. Then he kills Isaac and then what? You two live happily ever after?".

I growled. "Nah you're forgetting about your uncle Peter".

Her eyes grew a tiny bit wider. "Peters alive too?".

I shrugged. "Apparently".

She surprised me when she suddenly chuckled. A sad kind of laugh. She knows she's going to die tomorrow it's been too long since she changed. "My mother once told me that if your mate is in another pack, especially if you're a female then you'll feel an instinctual need to submit to their alpha. I wonder what tomorrow night will feel like for you. When you see your mate in another pack and he's the alpha of it. I can't wait to watch you submit to him infront of everyone".

I tusked. "I won't be here tomorrow night and if Derek has any sense he won't come either. You'll  either stay locked up here with no access to the moon for another month or someone else will let you free. And then Derek will have no choice but to kill you".

She shook her head in disbelief. "You want him to kill his sister so badly, huh?".

I shrugged. "I want him to feel what I did when he killed Anna".

I didn't hesitate then to lightly draw a spiral on the wall with an extracted claw. Watching as Cora's eyes filled with dread. She shuddered. "So that's what this about? An eye for an eye. Vendetta. Can't you see that their using you?!?."

I shrugged uncaring. "So what if they are? How would you feel if I killed Laura?"

She didn't hesitate. "I'd want you dead".

I smirked. "Then don't forget to kill your uncle".

She growled . "...what?".

I smiled at her. "Oh didn't you hear, it was uncle Peter who killed your sister Laura".

****

I hated waiting.

But I especially hated waiting alone with my mother. Just being alone with her at all for any reason is enough to drive me insane. Perhaps it's her glare or the way her nails strum her glass of wine repeatedly. Or, more likely it's because she's a total sociopath. 

She pursed her lip. "Do you even feel the full moon anymore, Weakling?".

Weakling is the new darling. I shrugged. "Can you? Pushing fifty most be rou-"

"Enough".

We both turned in silent submission as Alec entered the extravagant dining hall. He was always the peacekeeper. Even before he took on the role of alpha. It was always Alec that kept the peace between Anna and I. And more so, he's had to make sure mother and I don't slash each-others throats every time he turns his back. 

Mother smiled up at her favourite child. She hummed. "Any news?". She then turned to watch my reaction. Naturally, I made sure to keep my pulse and face as calm as possible.

He nodded. "Derek showed up with another of his Beta's. But heard someone let them out and Cora and Boyd are currently roaming free as we speak".

I frowned at Alec's suspicious gaze. "Why are you looking at me?".

"It was the Argent girl, not your sister".

Kali entered the room, her nails dragging down the table as she made her way over to Alec. It wasn't even a second before they were connected at the mouth.

My mother tusked at the sight of my brother's mate. "We wear shoes in this house. If I see those rancid claws of yours on my marble floors again, I'll kill you myself".

With that mother downed her glass of wine and left the room.  No doubted sensing fathers arrival. I went to leave too and Alec quickly turned to me with a stern stare. "You're not to leave the house tonight".

The fucker!. I could feel my eye tick as I tried to fight the weight of his order and failed. As a Wood beta normally I wouldn't be so pressured to fight it. But as a werewolf whose supernatural abilities are hardly there, well it's no wonder I crumpled under the burden of the order.

I huffed out a "fine" and left them there while I made the truck to my old room. Trying to avoid the likes of Ennis, the twins (who mind you, I don't hate) and Marin.

When I entered my room I held in the need to scream. The moon light had entered and shone down on me, lighting the room. And yet I felt nothing. Empty. I'm practically human except for strength, hearing and scent. But, to not feel anything in the glow of a full moon? It's practically a death sentence. My life expectancy hitting me right in the face. I tried not to listen to voice in the back of head whispering not long now.

And what if Derek can't beat fuelled up Cora and Boyd?!?.

What if he refuses to kill them?

Then this whole plan is for nothing. But surely he's not that stupid. He'd be a fool not join the alpha pack.Suppose once he's killed his sister then Peter, Isaac and Scott won't even matter to him. I doubt Boyd is even still alive. 

But as I stared out the window I asked myself how long I can even wait. Surely by sunrise he'll have killed. And like they all say, once you kill one of your own it's hard to stop. He can easily kill Isaac, Scott and Peter before submitting to my father.

I have until sunrise before Alec's stupid order wares off. I nodded to myself. I can't wait around while my family sort this out for me. I won't hide behind them. In the morning I'm going to face my mate and make him mark me.