Gᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ʜɪᴍ

I walked around since I wasn't tired and decided to call Zakora quietly, "woop. woop" I clapped my hands hoping no one would hear me and got my saddle "where you going forest monkey" I heard an unfamiliar deep voice say to me from behind me "shit.." I said looking back and seeing Ao'nung "oh! fish boy! i'm going for a joy ride! why?" I asked putting the saddle on Kora and looking at him "can I retake your offer?" he asked looking down as i let out a giggle "yes you may, come on" I said making Tsaheylu and climbing onto her helping Ao'nung up.

"Hold on tight reef boy" I said as Zakora flew up and we started to do flips and turns and more, almost like how me and Tsireya did it just more fun; I felt his arms tighten around my waist and at this movement it made my face go red and hot. Why? I don't know. It's a feeling I have never felt before and didn't know how to fix it. "Hold on we're gonna fly down to my secret spot ok?" I asked looking back to see him with a huge smile on his face looking all around the forest delaying on my question "oh yeah yeah ok" he said looking at me. I turned to face forward and swooped down to an Island surrounded by water "really? this is your place?" he said looking at me I shook my head laughing "so quick to judge..no my place isn't up on this island..you see those lights down there? yea that's my spot"

I said pointing to a cave underwater "you can hold your breath for that long?" he asked looking at me "just because I am a forest girl doesn't mean I can't swim or hold my breath ya know. Now come on!" I said diving into the water looking up at him from under the water. Shortly after he joined and dives in 'follow me' I signed which seemed to confuse him as he just nodded and we swam down to the entrance of a cave filled with flowers and crystals and many beautiful creatures, once we entered the cave we went up for air climbing onto the little islands on there helping up Ao'nung "woah..this place is beautiful" he said looking around.

"it is isn't it?" I said looking around with him with a smile on my face "this is our place now. you better feel special because this place was once all mine..and now its ours to share.." I say looking at him as he smiles at me "That water felt amazing" he said sitting down to dip his feet back into the water "well once you get your own ikran you can come here whenever you want" I said sitting next to him. "sorry for being so rough on you earlier..I just miss home and don't like being here. Don't get me wrong the forest is a beautiful and all but I miss my home. the ocean. where I could really be me" he said looking down as he let his face soften. "It's ok..I get it. Moving to an unknown place isn't easy especially when you grew up in one place your entire life." I said looking down at the water "but I shouldn't take it out on you. I apologize..and thank you for bringing me here" he said looking at me smiling "of course. and hey you can be yourself around me you know. I won't judge" I said bumping his arm with a smile.

"ok forest girl..wanna go for a swim?" he asked looking at me with his eyes giving me a desperate look "mmm..ok! only because i'm nice" I said getting up "nice?! girl you almost killed me and my family with that arrow!" he said getting up with his eyes widening "ok ok i'm sorry" I said laughing "mhm" he said diving into the water "come on forest monkey!!" he said swimming around as I soon joined him after.

"shit it's almost eclipse!! come on we gotta go!" I said swimming outside of the cave running to Zakora making Tsaheylu "ok ok!" he said jumping on behind me wrapping his arms around my waist as we flew back to the forest.

once we got there we saw my "family" and his family waiting for us "fuck.." I said as Zakora landed and we jumped off "where have you two been?!" Neytiri said dragging me by the arm "we just went out for a ride!! I was showing him the forest!" I said trying to get out of her grip "with a male?! you are female. you know how bad this looks on you both?!" she said giving me the mom eyes "back the fuck off Neytiri!! we just met I was showing him around the forest ok?!" I said getting out of her grip and backing away from her "you are the next tsahik. and daughter of great warrior. do not bring shame to us now" she said with a low tone trying to calm herself down "whatever." I said walking away to the hut "sorry for her she's a bit..outgoing" Jake said looking at tonowari. "What the fuck y/n. what were you doing out alone with him?!" Lo'ak said as he grabbed my arm "fucking hell lo'ak i showed him the forest. I wouldn't do anything stupid"

I said looking at him with angry tears filling my eyes "i know..i'm sorry" he said resting his forehead against mine with his hand cupping my face "Just don't do that again." he said making me look up at him planting a small and soft kiss on my lips which i returned.

I was the last one to wake up and got ready for the day. We would teach the Metkayina kids to hunt today! it was exciting yet nerve racking thing since I've really only taught Tuk how to hunt. I was getting our things ready and making more arrows for the kids "Why did you call your mom by her name instead of mom or mother..? you cussed at her too. why?" I heard a deep voice say from behind me, I looked back to reveal Ao'nung as I sighed "They aren't my parents..They took me in sure. But they aren't my parents. My dad died fighting for our land by the sky people. shot to death actually..Jake had to end his life by request of my father..making Jake and Neytiri take me in as there own." I said as tears filled my eyes knowing I would never get the chance to show off my dad.

"Oh...i'm so sorry.." He said putting his hand on mh shoulder "I know. I should be more grateful. but I just can't...I want my dad Ao'nung..I need him..I need my real family and I can'y because they're gone and it hurts. I have so much anger in me that I can't bare to call Neytiri mom or Jake dad. It doesn't feel right" I said wiping my tears before the got worse. "I understand..I'm sorry for bringing it up I was just curious" he said giving me a small hug "no i'm sorry i usually never cry" I said trying to laugh it off "You can let go of your emotions with me y/n..i won't judge" he said making me look at him giving him a soft smile. "here come on we gotta get to hunting" I said grabbing his hand and running towards Neytiri and Jake "Our daughter y/n will show your children how to hunt! she's the best of us at hunting." Jake said as he rested his hand on my back.

"Come on!" I said smiling while running to Zakora "please choose your partner" I said looking around as Neteyam grabbed Tsireya and Lo'ak got Rotxo and I got stuck with Ao'nung "Come on reef boy it isn't your first time" I said grabbing his arm as he jumped on and held onto my waist, I looked at Lo'ak as he gave Ao'nung a death glare but I just blew a kiss at him which seemed to calm him down. "Woo!!" I cooed as we went off flying to the daily hunting places.

"There's no prey..that's weird it's usually packed." I said looking down and seeing a man with green clothes as he looked up at us and started shooting us "Shit!!" I screamed making Zakora fly in all different directions holding Ao'nung with one arm "Y/n!!!" I heard Neteyam say as he was pointing to a tree to jump off and take cover "Jump reef boy!" I said jumping as if I was gonna dive into water and ended up rolling down and hiding behind the tree "Y/n!" he said as he tried jumping but got caught by one of the sky people who looked like avatars. "Shit Ao'nung!!" I said almost going to him but got grabbed by Lo'ak "Ao'nung!!" I heard Tsireya scream as she ran to Ao'nung trying to save him with no skills whatsoever and getting grabbed by another one.

"Shit y/n stay here!!" Lo'ak said as him and Neteyam tried to go fight but miserably failed "shit shit shit!!" I said as I turned around to see how high the tree was "fucking hell!!" I said as I started climbing as fast as I could, "get her she's getting away!!" I heard someone say as I picked up the pace to move faster. All of the bullets I was able to dodge and once I got to the top of the tree I grabbed a vine and swung to the next one getting closer to them. I grabbed an Arrow and aimed it for the one holding Ao'nung and Lo'ak first. good thing i made extra arrows cause damn. I shot the man in between the eyes and watched him let go of the two boys "bullseye" I said grabbing another arrow and continued to shoot as I ran from tree to tree. Once I saw no one I jumped down slowly as I ran to grab the kids as I called our Ikran's.

We went back to our family's and Ao'nung and Tsireya bragged about how cool I looked while killing them. Jake and Neytiri had a worried face plastered on them and I knew I would get an earful so I grabbed Ao'nung and went to do what we originally went to do. Hunt. "Here..you hold the bow like this..and then shoot" I said helping him with his Posture as our meal stood in front of us. He shot and aimed exactly to where he should without even knowing "you're ready.." I said looking at him "huh?" He asked looking at me "you're ready for an Ikran" I said grabbing his arm and we flew to where the Ikran stayed crossing the waterfall "these are the Ikran. you must choose your own..you have to feel this inside of you. and he must also choose you" I said as I rested my head on his shoulder "how will I know if he chooses me?" he asked looking back at me.

"he will try to kill you" I said looking at him "outstanding.." he said heading to the Ikran and hissing at each of them as they all flew away but one. "let's play" he said as he tied the mouth and tried to make Tsaheylu and failed. It went on until the ikran got up and flew without Ao'nung connected to him as they both fell miserably "AO'NUNG!!!" I screamed looking over the edge. "Dammit!"

❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥
THANKS FOR READING SORRY IF IT WAS LONG😭