Chapter 04

It's been 2 hours since the doctor took care of Annie. Carlos never leaves the door while his grandkids are one by one left to get some food. John and William are waiting with their dad and their wives. Carlos can't stop praying and checking his watch.

"Dad, come sit here." asks John politely but Carlos only shakes his head. A few minutes later, the doctor comes out of Annie's room.

"Is she okay?" Carlos asks and the doctor replies "Yes, she is now." Without any other words, Carlos immediately runs into the room to see his wife.

"Can I talk to her child?" the doctor asks John and William who immediately stand up. They also ask their wives to go inside the room to accompany Carlos and Annie.

"Yes. We're here." William answers. He looks a little worried but his brother looks Worse.

"I don't know if you're well aware or not, but your mom has given up all the life support that we offer." explains the doctor which shocks both John and william.

"WHAT?" Williams shouts at the doctor while John loses it. He covers his face and turns away.

"You're kidding. She'd never do that." William insists that her mother would never give up.

"I'm sorry, Sir. But I can give you the documents if you don't believe it." the doctor seems to be really sorry and William tries to control himself.

John and William are still trying to recover. "Tm not saying that your mom will leave today. I'm saying that if things like that happen again, we can't do anything but to let her go. Her heart is too weak and cancer, as we all know it spreads really quick."

Both John and William nod their heads. "Thanks, doctor," says John.

"Now if you'll excuse me, I have another patient. And don't worry, if there's something wrong, we will be notified, you don't have to run towards our office." the doctor is leaving and John goes back inside while William stays outside, still trying to recover.