New start

I always wonder what a normal life was like

I always wonder what a normal life was like. How it felt to wake up in a normal bed, in a normal house, in a normal city. How it smelled when your mom had just made eggs in the morning or when your dad had just cut the lawn on a hot summer morning. How it sounded to walk down the hall of your school and even how it was to hear your love one talk sweet to you. I wished I had a life like that. I wished my parents never took the decision to live on a boat. Literally, for most of my childhood (from 5 to 16 years old), I had to live on a cabin cruiser with my two brothers, Florian and Leo, and my two parents, Joanna and Alexander. Don't get me wrong, I am very thankful that I was able to live this sort of life, but sometimes, I wished I hadn't. Living by travelling is fun if you like goodbyes. See, I was never able to be friend with someone for more than a week of two. Yes, we could sometimes exchange numbers or Snapchat, but soon enough we would loose contact and just become stranger as soon as I got back on the boat. My parents and I, we mainly travel close to South America. We originally came from France, so the language barrier was kind of big, but my mother, Joanna, just loved the way the ocean looked in Rio de Janeiro and how pretty the birds would be. I also liked it there very much because that's where I learned Portuguese and some Spanish with one of my friend, Rico. He was such a sweet guy and we spent so much time together. He was my first ever crush, and also my first ever heart break. I begged my parents so much for us to not leave Rio de Janeiro but they said we had to. And so I had to leave Rico just as fast as I had fallen in love.

But this year is different. For the first time ever, my parents agreed to settle down. Can you believe it!? They bought a house in a small town in California and even signed me and my sisters to school. After 16 years of homeschooling, im finally going to fulfill my dream. I'm going to make loads of friends and maybe even a boyfriend. Maybe I'll do cheerleading, or dance in parties, or skip maths classes to hangout with friends! I can't wait for my true life to starts.