The Party

The week went by fast. Real school is very different from home schooling. I wasn't used to having homework and to everything being explained so fast. At least I was confortable asking my mother question but here it was different. Every time someone raise their hand everyone would roll they eyes.

It was Friday and the party was tonight. I talked with Kat about how I would dress. I was thinking of some baggy jeans with a small simple baby-T. Kat was thinking of some black legging with an oversized T-shirt. She said it would make her ass stick out. I was laughing at her remark when Marcus walk by us.

- See you tonight, he said with a smirk on his face.

I blushed so hard I could feel the heat come out of my cheeks. Kat looked at me mouth open.

- I didn't know you had a thing with Marcus?

- I didn't either.

I went home with Kat at the end of the day to prepare ourselves for tonight. We put on some makeup, did our hair and everything. By 9 o'clock, we were ready. The walk from my house to Mat's house wasn't very long. 10 minutes at least. Once there, you could hear the loud music even from the street. We knock at the house and it was Josie who open to us.

- What are you doing here? She asked.

- Don't you remember? Mat invited us! I said before passing by her holding Kat hands. She seemed shock but honestly I couldn't care less.

When Marcus saw me he went our way.

- I was wondering when you would finally arrived. He said with a big smile.

- Is she the girl you can't stop talking about? Said Mat while hugging Marcus.

- Shut up. Replied Marcus.

I laugh a little before continuing my way, still holding hands with Kat. When I saw the bottle of pink tequila, I ran towards it. I made myself and Kat some shooters and after 4 down, we were already on the dance floor. One of my favourite Shakira song came on and so I took Kat's hand and put them on my hips while I danced in front of her. We were dancing together, swaying my hips left and right with Kat following them with her body. I was already half in the song when Kat's hand were replace by someone else but at that time, I didn't give a fuck. The alcohol running in my blood made me loose every sense of logical thinking. When the chorus started, I threw my hand in the air, gripping the neck of whoever was holding me.

« I never knew that she could dance like this, she make a man want to speak Spanish »

-¿Cómo se llama? SÍ,  bonita, SÍ, mi casa, Shakira, Shakira... I started signing with all my heart, pouring the lyrics my old friend Rico and I used to sing together. As I continued to sing and laugh, I felt something poking into my ass and got uncomfortable. I knew it wasn't Kat's hand on my hips anymore but I didn't believe it would be a boy replacing them. When the song finished, I tried to move away of whoever was holding me. I didn't turn my back to see who it was. I preferred it that way. I was trying to find Kat when I finally saw her kissing Mat on the couch. I didn't want to disturb them so I went back to the kitchen to pour myself another shot of vodka this time.

- You were really hot on the dance floor, said Marcus while approaching me.

- Oh yeah haha, I used to go to parties with Rico and I would always end up dancing while everybody just talked.

- Well everybody was watching you.

- You as well? I asked him.

- Yeah, I saw you and Cole.

- Oh so it was him.

- You didn't knew who you were dancing with? You two seemed to be such good friend the way it looked. I almost got jealous.