Shopping

When we move into the house, I stopped breathing. I never wonder how my parents use to make money. Honestly I just thought they didn't. But when I saw the marble stairs and the perfectly white walls of the hall, I just ask out loud " what money?". It seems my dad was actually working all this time on the cruise cabin and was a journalist for a famous travel journal. My mother also told me my grandparents were kind of rich and just help us out when we decided to move into a house. The fact I didn't even knew all of this about my own parents made me kind of feel bad. What kind of daughter doesn't even know her dad is famous and her grandparents fortune.

 What kind of daughter doesn't even know her dad is famous and her grandparents fortune

My mother told me and my brother we would start school in a week. Since it was august, our timing was perfect. I had to make my room, buy myself some fournitures, clothes and school supplies. A week was a short timing, but it was enough for me. Later that day, during our dinner, some one rung at the door. We didn't knew anyone in the neighbourhood yet and so we were confuse on who could it be. When my dad opened the door, a tall, white woman with short blond hair, blue eyes and a perfectly snatch waist was standing with a basket full of food.

-Hi! I'm Emily, your front house neighbour! I just saw you guys move in this morning and thought I could make you some apple pies to welcome you!

-How sweet! responded my mother.

-Pies! I screamed. I loved pies. Especially apple ones. I tasted one back in Italy and it was just so good I could have eat a dozen of them. Emily was so sweet and kind, I already felt like it was home. She told us she had one daughter and two boys. Her daughter was 9 and her boys 12 and 16. Funny how her kids age match perfectly with us. She left not long after that, claiming she had to make dinner and my mother promised her they would see each other soon.

The next day, my mother took me and the boys to go shopping for clothes. It's true that most of the clothes we own are swimsuit and shorts. Florian bought some very plain T-shirts ans pants, saying that it was "cool". Leo chose some fluo orange and blue shirt with some brown pants. My mother let us decide whatever we wanted if it respected our budget of 200$ each. I chose skirts and T-shirt, some pants and some crop top. I may have live on a cabin cruise boat most of my life, but that doesn't mean I don't know how to dress myself.

After shopping for clothes, we went shopping for school supplies. Some pencils, pencil case, folder and paper sheets, every thing I need for my sophomore year. I obviously chose all of my stuff pink since it's my favourite colour. Younger I would have said it was blue, but after only seing blue everyday of your freaking life, you get sick of it.

It was 15h when we finally started looking for furniture. I was starting to be annoyed and tired and just really wanted to go home. My brothers felt like me but my mother convinced us after offering ice cream at the end of the day. Leo chose a small single bed with red covers. Florian chose the first one he saw. He said he couldn't care less. I chose a double size with bed with some light pink with small white flowers covers. I really liked it. We also shopped for a couch, a kitchen table, some small tables and cabinets. It was a exhausting day but we finally made it.

On the way back home, we saw Emily and her eldest boy. His name was Marcus. From here, I thought he was kind of cute. When they saw all the things we had to carry from the car to the house, they offered us their help.

- Let me grab that. Said Marcus to me while I was trying to take out the box that contained my bed.

-Oh, thank you. I replied.

-What was your name again?

-My name is Jessica.

-Jessica, that's a pretty name.

I looked down at our alley felling the blood coming up my cheeks. The last time I blush was when Rico, my friend from Rio de Janeiro, told me he wanted us to be more than friend. It's a feeling I missed. Fortunately he didn't notice.

Once everything was set I was finally able to lay down on my new bed in my fresh blankets. I still had to do some painting and buy some plants for my room but it could wait. That night I dreamt of Marcus.