VIII

I'm trying to shut out the part of my brain that's on high alert after running red lights to get to the hospital faster.

Honestly, I don't care about tickets as long as I know Jennie is safe or not at serious risk.

After driving for 5 minutes, I find a parking space. It takes me a while to find the right reception and I flop around the counter, completely out of breath, while I wait for the receptionist to give me a little attention.

"Good evening, I got a call from here. Something happened to my girlfriend." I say quickly as soon as the blonde with the surprised look really seems to notice me.

"Girlfriend, huh?!" She looks at me and I frown.

"Jennie Kim." I say impatiently and run my hand over my face.

"Let me look at you, cutie." She lets out a giggle, making me open and close my mouth several times not knowing what to answer.

"Kim?" a strangely familiar voice makes me turn and I see Jennie's friend, Chahee. I furrow my brows again not understanding what's going on.

"Hey." I correct my posture and realize that the receptionist is watching us.

"You came for Jennie? I didn't know you were in town." She walks over to me, looking me up and down.

"Yeah, I'm here. What happened to Jennie?"

"It seems that the girl with the cat's eyes has several girlfriends." one of the nurses approaches, talking to the receptionist and I keep looking from one to the other.

"Excuse me?" I say irritated and grit my teeth hard.

"Come on, I'll take you to the room where Jennie is, I need to go." Chahee pulls me by the arm towards the hall.

I take a deep breath, trying not to let the jealousy overwhelm me, and count to 10 in my head until we reach the bedroom.

As soon as I walk through the door, I notice that Jennie is sleeping and seems to be taking some medication along with an IV. She is a little pale, and I approach the bed, taking her hand next.

"You are so cold, Jendeuk." I let out a loud sigh and run my hand through her hair.

"She'll be fine." Chahee says after a few minutes and I even remember that she is here.

"What happened?" I turn to her, who is at the end of the bed, watching Jennie.

"We went out shopping and then Jennie decided she wanted to go clubbing. She ended up drinking too much to drown her sorrows and ended up blacking out." Chahee shrugs and I blink a few times.

"What?!"

"Kim, here's the thing, I like Jennie a lot, I care a lot about her." Chahee starts to say in an almost threatening tone.

"That's good, because there are two of us." I lift my chin, challenging her with whatever she says next.

"I don't know what you did, but this is your fault on some level." she waves to Jennie.

"I wasn't even in town, how is this my fault? I wasn't the one who forced her to drink until she passed out!" I clench my teeth tightly.

"She started complaining about something and about some boy related to you, so it's your fault" Chahee stares at me "Jennie doesn't deserve this. She's a great person and doesn't deserve to suffer for someone who only cares about reputation." I took a deep breath when I heard her last words.

"I don't owe you an explanation and what happens between me and Jennie is our business, not yours." I'm pulling my hand from Jennie's hand when she squeezes it with a little force, I watch her for a few seconds and turn back to face Chahee "Thanks for taking care of her, but from now on she's my responsibility."

Chahee just looks at Jennie before sighing and leaving the room without saying anything. I run my free hand over my face and pull up my chair to sit next to the bed.

My mind keeps spinning over what the nurse and Chahee said, not sure what it's all about.

After some time without being able to reach any conclusion, I decide to call Chaelisa and ask them to clean the apartment, I don't want to get there with Jennie and everything is messy, but those brats don't answer me and I just text Lisa when I hear Jennie mumble something.

"Chahee?" I feel a nuisance when I hear her weak voice calling for this girl.

"You failed." I force a smile and run my hand over her forehead. Jennie blinks a few times before she manages to open her eyes fully.

"Jisoo?!" she looks surprised to see me.

"Hi, Jendeuk." I keep staring at her, trying to find some clue as to what happened.

"Why are you here?" Before I can answer, she pulls me into a hug so tight it's hard to breathe "I mean, you were out of town, did they call you to come? Sorry to bother..."

"It's okay, Jendeukie, I was about to come home." I pull away gently and support my hands on her face, touching my forehead to hers "How are you feeling? I was so worried when they called me."

"I have a bit of a headache and my stomach is queasy."

"You're hungover." I let out a low chuckle and she rolls her eyes.

"I can't argue with that." Jennie pouts and I pinch her cheeks.

"My mandu." I smile as I walk away.

"Hello, Miss Kim, I have good news!" a young doctor walks by the door with a clipboard in hand "I'll discharge you, your girlfriend will be able to take you home." he looks up at us and I frown "Well, we don't know each other."

"Doctor, this is my girlfriend" Jennie has red cheeks "That was my friend."

"Sorry, it's just that the way she was worried, I thought she was your girlfriend." He lets out a chuckle looking embarrassed and I sigh. "So, you're free. Here's the recipe in case you have a headache and nausea." I take the paper from his hand that he waves before leaving and I feel that Jennie looks anywhere but at me.