Chapter 1. Devil Town

Tw: Mention of Suicide and Mental Disorders

Bolded=Na'vi

Italicized = words through device

-

"I still get a little scared of something new, but I feel a little safer when I'm with you." ~ Cavetown

Erica Lambton was searching through her mother's closet through boxes, to see if she could find anything that resembled a will. Her mother had Bipolar disorder and after not taking her meds for as long as Erica had been alive, she'd finally taken her own life.

Leaving 18 year old Erica all alone. Seeing as she had no idea who her father was and she had no other siblings, the only other person she'd ever talked to was her aunt; but her aunt no longer lived in the States, and she'd lost track of her years ago.

After searching through almost every box, she came across one more. This box was larger than the rest and it had something written on it: JS. As Erica wondered what JS stood for, she opened up the box and noticed that there were a lot of old photos inside.

As she went through it, she found some photo's of her mom and her aunt alongside two boys who looked like they were twins. One of them had an arm around her mother with a drink in his other hand. She flipped the photo over and immediately recognized her mother's hand writing. Double date with the Sully twins ~ 2144

2144 was the year before Erica was born, and that's when she begun to wonder if that person in the picture was her father. She knew that their last name was Sully, now she just had to figure out which twin was her father.

As she continued to search through the box, there was a photo of an ultrasound which she concluded was of her. And when she flipped it over, she noticed more stuff written on the back. My baby girl ~ JS

JS, the box was labelled after her father's initials. And now she had another piece of the puzzle. J. Sully, that was her father. But for all she knew they could both have J's in their name so that didn't really help her much.

After digging through the box some more, she found a birthday card that had the giant number two on it. When she opened it, she found a long paragraph that had the same handwriting as it did on the back of the ultrasound photo.

Hi baby girl,

You're officially two now. I don't know if your mom's ever going to show you this but if she does, just know that I love you so much and I wish I could be a part of your life. You're growing up so fast and I want to be there for every milestone but I know that I can't and that's okay. I know I'll see you again someday.

Love, Your Dad

She traced the hand writing with her finger as she felt the tears pricking her eyes. She'd never really cared about not having a father before. Her mother had told her that he wanted nothing to do with her. But now that she knew that was a lie and he wanted to be a part of her life, it was different.

Her mother was dead and she was alone. She wanted to find him, she had to find him.

As soon as she placed down the card, her eye was caught on another photo. One of her mother holding her after giving birth to her and her father standing over her, touching her little baby cheek with his thumb.