Chapter 19. Revenge

Bold=Na'vi

"If I could act on my revenge oh would I." ~ XXXTentacion

"Yeah, I hear you." Erica's ears twitched at the sound of her fathers voice coming from her ear piece. Her sister were looking at her with the same question clearly on their minds.

Erica nodded once, signifying that their father was in fact coming to get them. Although they were tied up, Kiri and Tuk were holding each other's hands through the railing, a sigh of relief escaping both of their lips.

Erica gave them a bittersweet smile as she looked over at Quaritch who was watching the water in front of them. "He's coming!" He shouted as the rest of the crew prepared for Jake's arrival.

Although Erica wanted to be happy that their father was coming for them, she had one question that was burning in the back of her mind, Is Neteyam okay?

She tried not to let her worry show, she had to be brave for Kiri and Tuk. She had to be brave for Lo'ak even though he wasn't there. She had to be brave for Neteyam.

Silence.

Only the sounds of the sinking ship could be heard in the background.

 It was unnerving,

Quaritch was getting antsy, he was getting scared. The silence was too much for him as he sat there, waiting for the fight that seemed like it was never going to come.

"Talk to me, Corporal. This ships going down and your girls with it." Quaritch's voice rang through Erica's ear piece as she looked over at him. Her heart was beginning to race as she held her gaze on the back of his head.

"Your boy didn't have to die." And just like that, Erica's world came crashing down. Her breath becoming heavier with every second that passed, her lips quivering as the tears begun to prick her eyes.

"No." She spoke quietly as the tears begun to fall onto her cheeks. "No, no, no, no." She sobbed as her body sunk into the floor, unable to hold herself up anymore. 

Her chest hurt, she felt like she was about to throw up. Her little brother was gone. Her little brother. She was the older sibling, she should've protected him. It should've been her.

Erica's sobs were loud, her chest heaving with every breath she took. She curled herself up into a ball, trying to hide herself from the hurt she was feeling.

"Erica, what's wrong?" Tuk asked, worry painted her face as she stared down at her sobbing sister. The two of them had never seen her this devastated before. Sure they'd seen her cry, but not like this.

"Shut up!" One of the Avatar's commanded, grabbing her by her braid and forcing her to look up at him. It was the same Avatar that took her brother from her.

"Fuck you." She choked out to which he slammed her head onto the railing, causing a painful shriek to escape her mouth. Both Kiri and Tuk flinched at the loud sound as blood began to trickle Erica's face from her forehead. Both sisters stood still until the Avatar left, noting Erica's sudden silence.

"Erica," Kiri got down to her knee's, ducking to her sister's level. "What's going on?"

Erica looked up at Kiri, her eyes full of sadness and despair. How was she going to explain to them that Neteyam was gone? As she opened her mouth to share the news, a shout from off in the distance caught her attention as she whipped her head in it's direction.