"untouchable" idea | SPOILERS

WARNING ;; FOLLOWING TEXT CONTAINS SPOILERS FOR BOTH “WEDNESDAY” AND “UNTOUCHABLE” .

this is just an idea ,, i may not add this into the book .

PLEASE DO NOT READ IF YOU WANT TO FINISH “UNTOUCHABLE” WITHOUT SPOILERS ,, AS THIS MAY BE ADDED .

Wednesday closed her eyes.

So this was the end.

She tensed, hearing the crack of the gun, and readied herself for unbelievable pain.

"Get away from her!"

Instead, a body crashed into hers, and the shockingly familiar shriek made Wednesday's eyes flicker open, just in time to see Lucy stumble sideways and crumble.

"Lucy!" Wednesday darted over and leaned over the brunette, heart pounding. A single, bloody hand traced her friend's body, searching for any wound, hoping the worst hadn't happened.

Bile rose in her throat when she felt liquid flowing freely from a small but deadly mark in Lucy's form.

"No — no, you're going to be okay." Everything melted away from them. The bees, Thornhill, Eugene,  everything. All that mattered was that Lucy was safe. "Hang on, imbecile. You're not that weak." The harsh words slid from her lips, and a moment later she felt a small sob come from them too.

Lucy gave her an amused smile, however pained it was, then she fell limp in Wednesday's grip.

Wednesday crouched there, frozen, tears slowly rolling down her face. But she couldn't stop them. Only now did she realize how much she'd cared for the very girl that now lay limp in her arms.

"No." She breathed, placing a hand on Lucy's bloodstained face. "I — I'll miss your company." She choked out, desperately searching for the words. "I like you."