Prologue (1)

The first thing that Chara noticed as far from today was the strange sensation of warmth, they were dead for years and it was always cold. Secondly, they feel the surface of something wooden, which confused them as they weren't supposed to feel anything. Chara felt weak, moving their arms against the wall was tiresome. But, even in this situation they had to get out as Frisk needed some assistance.

Determined to get out of the place they push the surface. "This is heavy!" Chara yelped, sweating a bit they pause for a moment. They then asked from outside. "Frisk you out there?"

No one responded.

Meaning that Chara was alone on this...

What occurred anyway, Chara didn't really process the crazy thoughts running rampantly in their head. Frisk wasn't here, for sure the rest aren't as well. Looking down in their small hands Chara sighed, clenching their fist they look forward. Frisk was always determined to move forward, even when nothing was making sense at the moment.

Chara now more pumped up, preparing for another push they heard something. Pausing they then cautiously placed their ear on the wall for a better listen, they were right something was here. It sounded like they were getting near.

"Need to get those blasted uniforms." It sounded a bit raspy and high, it reminded them of the friendly monster named Papyrus. Was this another timeline? Or was this another guy, they could be wrong. Chara felt the place move a bit they feel a bit dizzy. "Ugh this thing won't budge, well it's time to use my secret move!"

"Huh what secret move?" Chara mumbled a bit until the place began to fell hot.

All of a suddenly they were blasted with blue fire, making Chara jump up in alarm. The surface that was previously blocking them was gone, and they finally saw the perpetrator of the fire. It was a cat looking monster with grey fur, and blue fire on his ears. It had a tail with a pitchfork shape, his eyes were also blue and looked a bit surprised. Chara found the little guy adorable. They wave their hand a little as they wobbly got out.

"Nyahh you're awake!!" Chara was not expecting this to happen, this timeline was weird. The monster jumped back in shock, he didn't know what to do. He was here for the robes, but what he found was a scrawny sick looking kid. "Greetings I'm Chara, you are a monster right?"

Leaning a bit on the side they cautiously kneel down, they felt a bit weak in the stomach. Chara gave out a uneasy smile, as they still felt a bit strange. And so far to familiar, it was giving them goosebumps. The monster in front of them didn't paid any attention and quickly responded to Chara. "What if I am, I'm Grim, wait that doesn't matter give those clothes!!"

Blinking they looked down, oh they were wearing a purple, and black robe. It was very fancy, it seemed like something Mettaton would wear for sure, but they would've definitly love to wear this but.... It was too big on them it looked like curtains on them. So giving the robes didn't seem like a loss, and Grim was adorable.

No harm done giving him the robes, Chara didn't need it.

"Well then, I guess I can give you these robes well then here you go Grim." Taking off the robes they hand it over to Grim who was surprised not really expecting this outcome, but was pleased. Putting on the robes very quickly.

"Oh and by the way, can I accompany you to wherever you're going though?" Grim blinks under the robes his blue eyes shining though, he seemed to think for a moment. "Sure I'll take you in as my hench human!"

Chara smiled at the small guy, getting up steadily they look around."Okay, just lead the way Grim."

Grim walked for a minute to then tripping over the fabric. Chara then helped him up. Doing this felt familiar from when they first met Asriel. He helped them up when they first fell down. It was a scary moment for them, but they wanted relief from the pain they had suffered up in the surface. Asriel was a kind soul, they didn't felt like deserved the kindness he and his family gave.

They weren't a good person they let everyone down....

"Just carry me, I'm just tired of using my fire." Chara nodded walking forward instead. Chara was grateful for Grim interrupting her rushing thoughts, holding him close they walk towards the hallways. They always had these recurring thoughts, Chara just distracted themselves sometimes. While walking Chara noticed the beautiful designs of the walls, knowing that whoever designed this had such an eye for detail gave them DETERMINATION.

Chara didn't knew how they got into this mess, nor understood why they were alive again, but they were grateful for being alive again. This was a second chance, they'll probably be back at home eating some warm pie with their family. Chara walked on the very dark corridor in silence. They also didn't see anything remarkable the important thing right now was to take Grim to...

Pausing they look down at Grim in confusion."Where are we going exactly?"

Grim turned his head up towards the child, and he grinned."To where I'm going to be the greatest Magician alive!!"