Thunderporn

(Summary: In an AU where Severus is living happily ever after, he comforts his wife who is afraid of Thunder storms by making her read a smutty muggle book out loud. Content Warnings: Vaginal fingering, vaginal sex, )

The moment the rumbling begins after the grey clouds go purplish green I make eye contact with Severus. My shoulders creep up as if they could plug my ears from hearing it.

It is merely thunder, wife." He soothes instantly, bringing his hand up to rest between my shoulder blades for a moment on his way past me. My knife is suspended over the half chopped onion. I know I must continue, for the recipe insists the onion be softened first, the pan is hot, ready to receive them.

I press on. We are not yet in the thick of it. I try to focus on my husband's humming while he harvests basil from his herb garden outside the kitchen window. His humming is a source of joy to me, something that has eked out of him so slowly, at first a tiny infrequent miracle has grown into a regular occurrence. A sign his shadows are kept nicely at bay.

My shadows are the looming clouds. My horrors simply the loud crashing, the angry flashing. He must think me silly. He has survived so much, and married such a fool as to be wrought with terror at a summer afternoon clash of hot and cold air.

I push a breath tightly through my rounded lips as I stir the onion. I try to imagine my stress, being squeezed out of my body through that small round space. I get garlic from the cupboard and crush it with the side of my blade with a little too much vigor. As if I am in a fight with Mother Nature, and my crashing about the kitchen is a way I might signal my annoyance at my wishes being disregarded.

He comes in again as another rumble comes rolling over the hill. He places the basil in front of me and rests his hands on my shoulders. He leans forward to kiss my cheek. The sound of the thunder is gentle and chucking at first but has a meanness to it at the end. He must sense the difference in my breath for he begins working on that basil for me, his arms around me, chin on the top of my head.

When it comes time to add it to the sauce we side step to the stove like some kind of two headed beast and I stir with his hands on my waist. He moves to kiss my neck, I know he is trying to distract me. I have to break his hold to get the pasta started.

As I fill the pot there's a flash followed by a crack that is much closer than the earlier ones. My teeth are pressed together too tightly as I put the pot on the stove and turn on the burner. As I try to go back to the sauce he stops me with his hands, pulling me into him and pressing me against the counter passionately.

"Stop trying to distract me. It's not going to work." I breath against his chest, trying not to look up, to show him my silly fear.

"Who is trying to distract? I'm just a man, who happens to be very attracted to you in that apron." He pulls my chin up and kisses me. "Or maybe it's the smell of the splattered tomato sauce that does it to me." He says it with a breathy neediness as if he is wrought with passion for me.

"Stop it." I breathe, as he pulls me into a tight hug and a hand comes down to squeeze my ass mischievously.

"Stop being so attractive. Look at you. Asking to be grabbed with your pretty eyes." He teases me. I see the next lightning and I close my eyes and press my face into his chest, counting the length between the flash and the crash. He squeezes me, and it's almost bearable when the resounding clatter erupts from the atmosphere.

The water hisses as it boils over the edge of the pot and for a moment there is only the need to get the pasta into the water and stir the sauce that has been neglected while he attempted to distract me.