1 : the things that haunt you

HER BLOODY HAND DROPPED THE KNIFE, she looked down at the body, regret running through her, or was it anger? She didn't know

HER BLOODY HAND DROPPED THE KNIFE, she looked down at the body, regret running through her, or was it anger? She didn't know. All she knew was that her Saints wouldn't save her is that moment, she had to fend for herself. But it that moment she froze, it was like the world had gone silent and all you could hear were her thoughts.

'You killed a man'

'You should die for what you have done, you took someone's son, father, brother. No Saint will ever forgive you.'

The voice was right, no Saint will ever forgive her for this. She was on her own. Her white hair, stained with blood, tears, and dirt blew in her face, making her turn away from the body and to the night sky above her. She felt a presence behind her.

"Are you alright?"

She didn't answer. "Visenya." She turned around and looked up to the eyes of her most trusted friend. "I killed him." She finally spoke.

"It was in self defense, you have done nothing wrong." Lorenzo assured her, but that didn't help. She had killed a man for the first time in her life, sure, it bound to happen in the city of Ketterdam but she didn't expect it to be so hard on her.

Lorenzo approached her cautiously. "Visenya we need to go." She didn't move. "Please, I'm begging. I can't let anything happen to you." She finally nodded and took his hand and followed him, leaving the body of the man she had killed.

From that day forward Visenya Zalessky made a promise to never freeze in a moment like that again.  Visenya also started going by the name of 'The Raven' and not long after that she was leader of a gang of her own. The White Ravens.

Visenya Zalessky was an amazing leader. She always knew how to go about a problem. It just came naturally to her, but she knew she wouldn't have gotten to where she was if it wasn't for her most fierce supporter. Lorenzo Yermolov.

Visenya had found the boy in an ally way, barely breathing. He had been beat, nearly to death. Lorenzo Yermolov was an orphan from Shu Han, he was 14 when 12 year old Visenya helped him back into his feet. He became her sworn protector since then, never leaving her side and willing to do anything for her. Visenya trusted him enough for her to tell him about her being Grisha. He felt honored to hold such a secret.

The two were like siblings, inseparable.

The White Ravens had taken down a number of gangs in Ketterdam. They've also helped to build some, for example 'The Dregs' led by Kaz Brekker. The way Visenya and Kaz met was unspoken history, nobody ever spoke about it. The only thing people knew about them was that they were very loyal to each other. If some other gang were to attack The White Ravens, it would be considered an attack against The Dregs. That's why no one ever dared to attack.

Kaz and Visenya were unpredictable. No one ever knew what there next move was. That's probably why they get along so well. In other words, they were both criminals. Not one worse than the other.  They were equals.

Business partners.

Friends. Visenya want to think, she knew they were far from that. And that was okay.

She was okay with that.

/:.•*