2 : when a crow calls for a raven

Never once had The Raven not responded to him

Never once had The Raven not responded to him. The bastard of the barrel, leader of the dregs, kaz Brekker. When he sent for her, she always came to him. He did the same.

Visenya pulled her hood over her hair and started climbing up to the window that belonged to Kaz's office. She stepped onto the balcony and walked into the room.

"Hello V."

He stood up from his chair and walked out of the room he was in, meeting The Raven's pale face. "You called for me?" She asked.

"Yes i did." He said, not tearing his eyes from hers. "I have a job for us." She broke the eye contact and took her hood off. "What kind of job?"

"One that pays 10 million kruge." She furrowed her eyebrows, in a way for him to keep going. "We have to cross the fol-"

"No"

"You didn't let me finish."

"Don't have too, I already know it's a death trap." She walked into his office and sat in his chair. He watched as she walked past him, thinking of what he could say to convince her the follow through with his plan. "Come on Kaz, the fold? Might as well throw yourself out your window while you're at it."

"Visenya-" She looked at him with the eyes of a fierce angel, if he could, he would stare at them all night long. "Listen to me first."

She nodded. "Dreesen is looking for a crew to cross the fold into East Ravka." Visenya took a sharp breath. "He want to us to bring him a sun summoner."

She raised her eyebrows, waiting for him to tell her that he was joking. He didn't say anything. "So, what your saying is that you want to cross the most dangerous thing in the whole world to get to someone that might not even exist."

"We know her name is Alina Starkov, she's most likely being kept in the Little palace." Visenya let out a frustrated sigh. "You've already made up you're mind haven't you?"

Kaz averted his eye from hers. She stood up and clapped her hands. "Well then what's the plan?"

He furrowed his eyebrows. "You really didn't think I would let you do this alone, did you?" She stepped a bit closer to him, leaving at least a foot between them. "Just promise me something."

He met her eyes and immediately knew she was nervous about this. "Promise me you won't leave me there." He didn't break eye contact, he never does. "I will do everything in my power to keep you by my side."

She nodded. "How long do we have until we leave?"

"I don't know."

She knew right then and there that screwed up. She was definitely was going to get herself killed and if it wouldn't be the fold to do it, it would be Enzo. Enzo, he is going to be so pissed.

*

"Have you've gone mad!?" Enzo yelled as Visenya looked anywhere else but him. "Maybe."

He looked at her for a moment, Visenya was his sister, his only family. If anything were to happen to her he would be all alone.

"Are you really going through with this?" He asked. Visenya looked at him and nodded. "Well then tell Brekker I'm coming."

"What no! I need you here." Visenya said as he walked past her. "Leave someone else behind, I don't care, but if I'm not going then you aren't as well."

Visenya sighed softly as she looked at him. "Fine, but you have to listen to me no matter what, okay?" Enzo nodded. "Understood."

Visenya sighed looking at her brother. "Saints, what would I do with out you?" Enzo gave her a smirk. "You'd probably be dead in a ditch somewhere."

There was a silence for a few seconds before Enzo broke it. "So, um do you know if by any chance if Inej is coming."

Visenya raised her eyebrows as a grin came across her face. "Does someone have a little crush?" She teased. Enzo rolled his eyes and gave her a look. "Oh shut up, you're the one always giving Brekker those eyes."

Visenya's smile immediately disappeared. "What eyes?" Enzo smirked as he saw tint of pink fill her cheeks. "You know, those eyes."

Visenya frowned and shook her head. "I don't get what you're saying." Enzo shrugged. "Maybe."

Visenya stood from where she sat and put her cloak on. "Well I need to get going, I going to have find someone else to stay watch the place since you have attachment issues."

Enzo gave her and offended look as she walked out the door. "I do not have issues! I would do just fine without you."

"Yeah right."

*

authors note: Enzo is me, I am Enzo. He's so golden retriever , I love him. Visenya is living for the Enzo x Inej content.  Anyways thank you for reading.