1

The sun shines as I and Celio walk through the neighbourhood side by side.

Usually, we would be talking to each other but lately, Celio has been distant and overall uninterested in anything I have to say.

"Soooo...how was your day?" I speak up trying to break the silence.

Celio didn't seem to hear me so I call out again

"How was your day Celio?"

Celio looks in my direction and gives me an annoyed look.

"It was alright..." he said he then looks away and we continue walking in silence

I then hold onto his arm and rest my head against him.

Celio is taller than me so he looks down to see what leached onto his arm and I look up at him with a smile.

Celio gives me another annoyed look and ignores me.

We keep walking until Celio sees his friend Daniel.

"Yo, Daniel!" Celio waves.

"Wassup my man!!" Daniel salutes

I cringe at the way they talk to each other.

"Ay Celio! I and the guys are going to do music trivia, wanna come?"

"Eheh sure man." Celio laughs

I clear my throat.

"Can I come too?" I ask looking up at Celio

Daniel looks as if he's holding a laugh and Celio looks pissed off.

"Look Jamie, this is a thing for the boys I don't think you wanna go..."

"But I like music trivia" I pout.

Celio rolls his eyes.

"Babe, it would be best if you choose to go home and relax"

"But..."

"Look, do you wanna do this the easy way or the hard way?

You have to remember the world doesn't revolve around you and most importantly I'm a guy which means I wanna have fun with other guys and I can't do that while you're around.."

"I'm fun too.." I look down in disappointment.

"I guess but you have to understand that you're not one of my friends, so you either take it or leave it"

Celio then walks towards Daniel and they leave together leaving me to walk home alone.

I continue to walk down the street until I reach the front door of the house.

When I get in I slip off my shoes and head straight to my bedroom laying face first on the bed.

Celio and I have been very distant and it's almost like I'm not an important person to him.

What does he mean I'm not his friend, I'm his girlfriend who he has been together with for months.

I roll around in bed and I cover my face with a pillow. The sun is starting to set and I can feel the warm light touch my soft skin.

I want things to go back to normal between the two of us but I don't know what exactly I should do.

I look out the window and ask myself.

"When was the last time I and Celio went on a date?"

"EXACTLY!! That's exactly what we need!!" I cheer.

"A date, If I and Celio go on a date everything would be okay!!" I get up and go to the window in my room.

A date is a perfect way to mend our relationship.

I look at the sunset with a smile on my face.

Next Saturday me and Celio will be going on a date.

Thank you for reading the first chapter of Why so lonely. Now for trivia.

1. What do you think about Jamie Edwards? 

2. Why is Celio avoiding spending time with his girlfriend?

3. Where do you think the couple will go on a date to?

Be sure to save and vote this story!!

Bye. ❤️