Chapter 3

"doom enters in the most oblivious ways."

Esmeray POV:

If the worst day in your life could have a date it would be today's date. I woke in the morning and went to my tiny ass bathroom to get ready for work but ended up dropping my makeup on the floor. I cursed loudly as I hurried to pick all the shit up. The day had a shitty beginning but I didn't expect it to get any worse. I wore my clothes in haste as I looked at my watch. I  was beyond late for the office because my stupid ass thought it would be fun to drink wine at 3 am. I took one last look in the mirror and hurried out of the house. 

It took me 30 mins with the subway to reach the office. I reached the main gate and paced my way through the office to the escalator but I ended up bumping into someone. I started profusely apologizing to the man so that I can get away quicker.

"Shit I am so fucking sorry. I was absolutely fucking zoned out, so sorry."

I kept blabbering my apologies in a scurry.

"Calm the fuck down."

He said in a very domineering tone. I didn't like the way he spoke to me but I had no time to put up a fight right now so I just stood there in a submissive manner hoping that he would not extend this any further.

"Shit sorry."

I apologized again and stood in a pity stand. 

"Look at me."

He said. I was fazed by his stupid demands but still looked up to see him. My face did multiple twists along with my heart after seeing his face properly. Of course, I had to fucking bump into the boss of the fucking company. I had recognized him and panic had started setting in my mind as I kept thinking of the consequences.

"I'm so-"

I was just about to apologize again after looking at his annoyed face but he cut me off before I could complete my apology.

"What is your name ?"

He asked me with a threatening tone. I knew he had a reputation for being ruthless with his employees. He had previously fired people for the stupidest reasons and I did not want to join that list. I was at risk of losing my job and I hated being put on this spot.

"I'm truly sorry. You know that it was just a bump."

I said making a meek attempt to cover up.

"I asked you your name."

He said not bothered by my heartfelt apology.

"Esmeray, my name is Esmeray but please don't fire me over this."

I said as my eyes went down again. I was thinking about all the ways my life would be ruined if I got fired. 

"We'll talk about this tomorrow in my office at 9 am."

He said in a dismissive tone and made his way to the elevator. Terror rose in my body as I kept thinking about getting fired over a fucking bump.

"Fuck."

I mumbled under my breath as I made my way out of the office. I figured out a drink would make me feel a little more accepting of my situation. 

I made my way to my regular after-work club. The bar was completely deserted as it was too early for people to grab a drink. I sat down on one of the stools and started sipping on my drink as I searched for jobs on various applications. It took me months and various interviews to land this good-paying job and I was about to lose it because I decided to bump the CEO. It was stupid but it is not a fucking crime. and just when I thought my day couldn't get any worse, the bartender came to talk to me.

"Mam I'm so sorry but can you please occupy this chair ?"

He asked.

"Why ?"

I retorted back quickly as I was in a bad mood.

"This seat is reserved for our VIP member."

He explained further but it made no fucking sense. If they are a VIP then they should sit in the VIP area.

"Well okay."

I said as I got up to sit on some other seat. Even though it was unfair I couldn't let the poor bartender suffer. I saw a guy take the seat I  had previously occupied.

"I don't understand why stupid VIP people take up normal people's seats too."

I mumbled trying to taunt the guy about the entire ordeal that happened earlier. These rich bastards genuinely think that they can get their way with everything.

"Excuse me miss, did you say something to me?"

He asked me. Panic rose in my body as I saw his face. He looked fucking scary but hot all the same time. I partially expected him to ignore my taunt but his response took me by surprise.

"No sir, why would I talk to you ?"

I said as I gave him a taut smile hoping that he wouldn't drag the topic any further.

"I heard you, princess."

He said and my eyes popped because of the weird nickname. His intimidating gaze had made me nervous but his tone was sending chills of pleasure down my spine. 

"I can sue you for this."

He said. I was sure that he was joking but his serious face said something else.

"For a stupid statement? Are you drunk or something? I was talking to myself."

I said trying to get myself out of any other potential financial trouble.

"I'm sorry if I hurt your sentiments over a seat."

I said as I grabbed my bag and left the bar in a rage. I was enraged by his behavior but I knew better than to fight with rich tyrants.

I made my way home and slept the entire day thinking about the events that happened today. I had brushed it off as just a bad day but I never knew what was coming for me. This one day changed the entire trajectory of my life in the sickest way possible. I slept well that night oblivious to the doom that was about to enter my life