personal relationship

Personal relationship, I have heard of that word before but I didn't really digged deeper about what it actually is. For me, before finishing the lesson our teacher gave us, personal relationship is having a connection toward someone, either by being connected as a family, friend, lover and an enemy. But this lesson really helped me to learn more about what "personal relationship" really is.

According to the PDF our teacher gave us, personal relationship refers to close connections between people, formed by emotional bonds and interactions. Given by this definition, it seems that my own understanding about personal relationship isn't really that far from what personal relationship really is. As I ventured through this lesson, I discovered how essential personal relationship is. Understanding personal relationship helps us understand what type of personal relationship do we have with a certain someone.

This emotional bonds are often grow from and are strengthen by mutal experiences. The first sentence of this paragraph was taken from the same PDF our teacher gave us, here is a brief example of how emotional bonds are strengthen by mutual experiences. For example, you meet someone who has same interests with you, that person is bookish, and likes the stuff you like that other people usually find hard to understand. So, as someone who wants to have a friend similar to yourself, you approached that person with the idea of being friends, even as a confidant. You gradually developed intimacy toward that person (platonically), and now you're best of friends due to the reason that you share similar interests.

They say " A healthy relationship with friends is a source of lifetime happiness." Well, this a fact that we can't deny. If we have a healthy relationship with our friends, there will be no conflicts and fights that can cause you stress, and if dire situations come, there will be friends to back you up when you aren't strong enough to stand for yourself. One cannot leave without someone, that is the biological and psychological traits of a human. We must help each other for us to survive and continue to flourish, and having personal relationships and forming emotional bonds is one way for us to survive in this world.

As emotional bonds form, we can't help to feel attached to that person. Me myself, is currently feeling attachment to my family and friends, specially to that person. Attachment can either be both positive and negative, and all I can say is that the attachments I currently have now is a positive one, and only our decisions could alter if the next part will be negative or not. They say that attraction is driven by lust, and I couldn't really believe that, maybe it has a connection, but not every attraction you feel is driven by lust. Wouldn't it be weird if you lust on someone before feeling attraction? For me that is totally a perverted act.

Another thing, reciprocity. That thing really scares Mex reminds me of someone (not me) who reciprocates everything with good things. Reciprocity, for me can either be bad or good, same way as how I view myself. Am I a balance of both evil and good? Probably yes or no.

A lot of things happened, and I now believe that I have fully understood what personal relationships are. From how it is formed by having an emotional bond with someone, to how emotional bonds are formed through links, and any other things related to personal relationships. All I can really say(or wrote) is that this lesson helped me gain knowledge that will be added to my sponge like mind. Knowledge is power, we must use it well, same as how personal relationships is powerful. It can create or bring bad. Depends on how we handle it.