The Decision (Spencer Coleman)

It was 19th January 2023, Spencer was sipping his hot cup of coffee and
strolling carelessly around the town park.

Spencer Coleman was just like any other youth from block 107D Merklin's street. Introverted, rebellious and most
importantly- in need of cash! Even though he was quite shy and seemed to be lousy, Spencer was in fact a computer genius. And his genius had earned him a seat at the prestigious Tyson's Highschool - the most elite Highschool across the town.

It had been a year since he had enrolled into the Highschool and managed to pay the fees with his scholarship and by running errands

It had been a year since he had enrolled into the Highschool and managed to pay the fees with his scholarship and by running errands. But now that his mother was severely ill, and the family needed a great amount of extra cash to pay the bills, he finally had to think about something fast. His father was trying his best to help them pay for her bills despite having to pay bills for his own de-addiction treatment. And for all of the above mentioned reasons and to sustain their basic needs, this family was in great need of money.

After a rather deep introspection, Spencer had finally come to the grim realization that it was time for him to quit his schooling and take up some crude work to sustain his family. He sipped his last drops of coffee from the cup and threw it away into the rusty trash can kept near the sidewalk.

He didn't want to do this. He enjoyed his lessons unlike most other rich kids of his school. He brooded painfully at the thought of leaving behind his dreams. He sighed with a heavy heart looking up at the beautiful sunset which was dipping the sky in a fiery orange hue.

Or maybe he just had to say yes to the offer from the scam gang who lived down his block. Agreeing to help them in their scamming mission was definitely not a morally good idea. But taking into consideration his current circumstances, Spencer calculated that this could be the only way to pay for all his mother's bills and for himself without quitting his school and his dream. After all, as far as he had heard, the scam gang only preyed on the town's rich folks. Looking through the eyes of morality, they were just taking it from the arrogant, rich townsfolk's and it was not that bad.

" If i ever felt like I need to quit from their group, then i could definitely do so. Even if they wouldn't let me quit, I could easily resort to defy them by threatening to expose their scams to the law and thereby get out of the mess." , he thought to himself.

But little did Spencer know that fate had much different things for him in
store. And far down from the town park of Mideast view, at the same time, some girls were sitting in the comfort of the living room and chit chatting over the latest Highschool gossips that were abuzz.

................................................................